Chapter 19 • Brack

After the ball I was restless, since I couldn't be with Miracle; I thought it was time to go pay a little visit to Arista

I've been putting it off, not wanting to see her mainly because of my guilt. The way she found out about Miracle must of been devastating for her. I'm the one to blame for that. I should've manned up, just like my brother said.

Never wanting to break her heart, I thought I could put off the inevitable. Sadly, it didn't work out that way.

As the guard lets me into the cell, I ask him to retrieve me a chair, while I wait; I observe Aristas state.  

She looks disheveled, her clothes are filthy, her face is caked with dirt, she's a bit thinner than usual. I did this! Guilt consumes me further.

Nodding to the guard a thank you, I take my seat, looking at Arista. She's handcuffed to the dungeon wall, her chain giving her enough lax to move around, but goes no further than her bed.

She's eyeing me evilly, just staring, I've never seen so much hate from her. Sighing I lean forward, still dressed in my tuxedo, I remove my jacket and hang in the back of the chair. Looking back to Arista, she's moved her knees closer to her chest. A defense mechanism I'm sure.

"I came to apologize," breaking the silence, she just sneers, turning her gaze away from me. "I'm so sorry Arista, that you had to find out that way. It wasn't my intention." She doesn't reply only wraps her arms around her legs bringing them closer to her.

"I was going to tell you, I was waiting for the....right moment." Rushing out my feeble excuse. She finally turns her heated eyes to me.

"Just leave Brack! I have nothing to say!" Shaking my head vigorously, thinking to myself, I can't leave it this way. So I try again.

"Please, Arista, I'm trying to show how sincere I am." Her head snaps toward me.

"Save your damn apologies! Anything that comes out your mouth is lies anyway. Why would I believe you?" Hitting a nerve, I flinch at all the anger she throws my way. Knowing I deserve what ever she has to say me. I remain quiet to let her vent her anger.

"I was a fool! A fool to ever believe in your lies! You promised Brack! Does your promises mean so little?" She's starting to cry it only intensify my guilt. But I never break eye contact.

"Please just leave I can't take this anymore," wiping the tears off her face "I hate you Brack! Do you hear me? I HATE YOU!" She jumps from her bed, screaming, the chain stops her from coming any closer.

The hatred she has just can't be from Miracle and I? She has way to much anger. I know I caused her pain, I deserve nothing less than her pure hatred but she's so venomous. Studying her I realize there has to be more than just what I know.

"What happened to you Arista?" Her eyes widen with shock, she flops back on her bed. Now she's looking at anywhere but me. Curious, I lean in closer. Bringing her attention back to me.