Chapter 48 • Malik

Dedicated to LaLunayElSole Thanks for always hitting that 🌟And of course WilsoKinyanjuiThanks for hitting that 🌟

Thanks for always hitting that 🌟
And of course WilsoKinyanjui
Thanks for hitting that 🌟

••••••

Disturbing as it may be, I find myself understanding my brother's predicament.

Talons assault has affected him more deeply than any of us realizes. His scars run deeper than we may have first thought. Unfortunately.

The disturbing factor in all of this chaos is that he took his treacherous actions out on another person whom was also victimized in this same fashion. On the one being whom we all devotedly love. I see no happiness in his future with our beloved mate.

Yes, indeed, I am also distressed over these unfortunate events. Though I long to resolve all of these issues. My heart feels like it's in a substantial divide. On one side, I dare say, I weep for my brother. Though on the other, I undoubtedly feel my heart has been torn asunder.

"There, its this one" Talon informs my brothers and I. The number on the apartment door now reads a simple 22, upon the last visit it was 222, with the last two hanging precariously on its side.

Talon bangs upon Matt's door. His emotions are taking there toll upon him.

The door finally creaks open but it's not Matt who answers, it's a very striking woman. Her brown hair is pinned back tightly upon her head, showcasing her exquisite light brown skin.

"Can I help you?" She ask, inquisitively.

"We're looking for Matt. Is he in?" The striking woman looks slightly confused upon Barons inquiry. After a few seconds realization dawns on her.

"Oh, no he doesn't live here any longer. I'm the new resident." And with that she hesitatingly closes the door. Without further conversation.

That proved to be a bit unproductive. Our journey thus far has been nothing but agitating.

"What do we do now? Where would she go?" Bracks wolf Flare is close to emerging. His eyes are casting an ominous glow.

"I still have the comb, I'll do the spell again. It's the only option we got. Unless you have a better idea." With this thought in mind, we all exit the building quickly and effectively.

Outside we hunt for a location that may shield us. It wouldn't do for humans to witness this. Eyeing a park across the way, I direct my brothers to it's whereabouts. With us all in a agreement we proceed to our objective.