Chapter 23 • Miracle

Looking at all their faces with worry sketched across them

Looking at all their faces with worry sketched across them. My own worry seeps in.

What the hell is going on?

Before Baron starts explaining we hear a crash and the door swings open. Turning our gazes toward the door, there stands Trey. With his arms outstretched, a big smile on his face. He looks so cute, I can't help but smile back.

"Hello fuckers I'm here!" Over enthusiastically he yells. Baron stands giving him an evil look but before he says a word his mother comes to the rescue.

"Trey sweetie, so nice to have you here. But as you can see we are in the middle of a meeting. If you don't mind, can you head on to your usual room and we will see you tomorrow?"Trey looks at everyone, nods his head and smirks.

"Sure, see ya later." He turns and exits the office, closes the door behind him. Turning my attention back to my new family, I just sit and wait. Something is going on though I have no idea what it is. My nerves began to fray.

"Honey will you come and sit with me?" She gestures to the back sofa, I stand and follow her over, we sit as she turns and faces me. She places her hand in mine with the other in her lap.

"We have something we want to share with you. It's a long story, but please understand that in no way did we ever want to hurt you." Now that causes me to tense, searching for my mates all their eyes show worry and sadness. Refocusing my attention back the their mom, I just nod wanting her to proceed.

"I had another husband." Reeling back shocked. I never realized that it was a possibility, she would have another mate. Wait she said had?

"Had?" She nods to me, letting out a sad sigh she continues. 

"He was murdered." She states it's so bluntly. I scoot closer to her. Tightening my hand in her grip.

"I'm so sorry." For that I truly am, I could imagine the pain she must of have suffered. That she still suffers from the look on her face.

"Thank you dear, it happened six years ago, if it wasn't for my other mates..." she trails off. I look to her mates and they all have stern expressions on their faces.

"He was a dark fae." That nearly floors me. From what I heard dark fae are extremely vile entities. Known throughout the supernatural world to be even worse than at a demon at times. How could he be a king? I have so many questions but before I can ask them she continues on with her story.

"There is more," she tells me. I brace myself for what's about to come. Knowing it can't be good if they're all in here with us and by looking at that demeanor, I can only guess it's not good at all. Fuck my life! There always seems to be more. More bad news, more worry.