Chapter 13 • Lucias

Smut warning! 🚨 times two!

•••••

"She did what?"

Aristas ass is mine!

Listening to my brothers recount on what happened earlier, my blood begins to boil. She tried to kill her.

"I knew something like this would happen. All of you boys with your love affairs, never once thinking about what it would do to your future mate and now that she's here, the pure girl has to suffer; because of your bad choices!" Mom berated us. Father Zada has his arms around her, trying to calm her down.

Not my bad choices. I'm the only one, out of all of us, who didn't bring a lover in the mix. Not that I haven't had any. There's just never been one to hold my intention for long.

The last girl I was even with was a one night stand and that was years ago. I can't even remember her name.

It's upsetting me that I'd been caught up in all this and I'm the one that hasn't bonded with her yet!

"Don't count me in that group. I'm the only brother here who hasn't had an ex problem!" All my brothers basically give me a stink eye! For real?

"Don't brag, it's unbecoming." Talon only says it because he knows I'm right. I just smirk and lean back.

"We will set up extra guards, but in the meantime what do we about Arista?" Dad Yenna ask the group. Personally I think we should kill the bitch.

"We have her locked up, isn't that enough?" Brack may still have a sweet spot for her. Not me! Not after she tried to attack our mate!

"We can't keep her locked up forever. We have to come up with a solution." Yenna says. Fuck that! Let her rot!

"Isn't attempting an assassination on a royal punishable by death?" Malik ask our parents. Exactly. That's what I'm talking about! Before anyone can answer.

Talon jumps from his chair; wailing, startling all of us. Reaching out for him, while he's crumbled on the floor he shrugs me off.

"He's getting his mark!" Baron screams at us. He's standing watching  Talon, not showing an ounce of worry only sudden curiosity.

Talons breathing slows, he falls back into his chair, breathing heavily. I see the star on his neck. It looks as if it's glowing, it's like the others. I'm a little jealous.

"That means Miracle has hers." Malik tells us, our parents turn to me, with sympathy on their faces. Not needing or wanting their pity; I jump up from my seat and head for the door.