Chapter 3: Familiarity

Author's POV

Pete was dragged outside the bar by his one and only brother, Park Pongsakorn.

"Let me go phi!!" Pete shouted and tried to get out of his grip but he failed as his angry brother's strength was unmatchable. Park dragged Pete until they reached their car and shoved Pete into the car.

"Phi! Stop it! It hurts!" Protested Pete.

"You have no right to say that after what you have done Pete!" Said Park with his hoarse voice.

"I deserve my freedom Phi!" Pete shouted.

" You do but your safety is more important," Park said but with a calmer voice this time.

" I am so done with you too Phi, you and Pa! Why are you so overprotective.. I can take care of myself!" Exclaimed Pete while a drop of tears flowed down his cheeks.

" Pete! Enough arguing! I am tired due to the overloaded work anyway and you on top of that is not willing to help us in our business!" Park said while raising his voice a little.

" I don't want to get involved in your killing business Phi---" Shouted Pete

Soon after that, Pete felt a sharp pain on his left cheek. It left a dark red mark on his cheek.

"I told you not to get on my nerves... Now please shut your mouth,' said Park and leaned his head on the seat.

" I know you love your freedom but you can't just roam around without any bodyguards following you," said Park while patting Pete's head.

Pete's POV

I hate this... I hate myself for being born in this Mafia world. I have decided, once I graduate I will move to ChangMai and live there for the rest of life without any buffed man wearing black suits following me.

I know my father really cares about me as his opponents are always observing us wherever we go and I hate this so much!
I wish I could run away somewhere but not yet... I have to wait for another three years before I graduate and officially become a doctor.

Meanwhile I took a deep breath and tried to accept my faith for now.

At The Bar

Vegas' POV

Why was Pete being dragged like that by his own brother? Why was he so harsh towards Pete? I had so many questions in my head but I kept quiet as Porsche was explaining what was happening.

"Oh no! Pete might be in big trouble now," said Porsche while scratching his temple.

"Why what will happen to him? And why would his brother drag him like that?" I asked him as I was very impatient.

" Actually it's my fault... I forced him to join me today as I was about to introduce Kinn to my friends, and he was finally convinced but he escaped from his own house without informing his dad and brother about it as they won't allow him go anywhere especially to a bar full of alphas like this," said Porsche in one breath.

"But why can't he go outside by himself?" Asked Kinn out of curiosity, while Vegas nodded as he also wanted to know.

" He can go outside by himself but he has to bring his bodyguards everywhere, which he hates the most." Said Porsche and sighed.

" He believes that he can take care of himself and he hates his Pa and Brother being overprotective over him." Added Pol while sipping his wine.

That kid is rebellious. Absolutely my type.

The Next Day

Today I am going to visit my mom to the hospital alongside with Macau.

"Macau Are you ready?" I asked him as I fixed my hair.