Chapter 20: Innocent Past

Author's POV

Pete and Vegas' engagement was coming closer. Only five days left. Pete had no choice but to agree with the proposal. He doesn't mind marrying someone, it's just that it was all too soon. He hasn't even graduated yet. He at least wanted to wait for another three or four years, when he could be settled with his dream job, which is to become a medical oncologist. Yes. He chose to specialise in oncology after spending time with Siena. The omega really wants to be able to help all those people with cancer. It's one of the severe diseases that no one would even wish upon their enemies.

Siena and Macau were really happy with the news. Especially Siena, who really wanted a kind and well behaved son-in-low like Pete. In fact, Siena and Pete's mother, Jiyana had promised eachother that they would marry their sons when they grow up. At that time, Jiyana was Pregnant with Pete and Vegas was about three years old. Vegas always used to follow Siena and meet Jiyana and the unborn child in her womb.

In The Past

"Aunt Ji!" Little Vegas ran towards the omega and placed his tiny hands on the woman's protruding belly.

"Baby... How is baby aunt?" The toddler placed his ears next to the belly as if the baby would say 'hi' to him.

Jiyana caressed the little boy's black hair and kisses the crown of the head. The baby the stomach suddenly kicked.

"He is kicking!" The boys eyes twinkled.

"I think he likes you Vegas," the woman smiled.

Jiyana felt a hand touching his shoulder. It was Siena. Vegas kissed the woman's belly and said. "I love you little one, grow up quickly so I can marry you," Siena and Jiyana looked at eachother in shock and started laughing at the innocent request.

"I am sure Pete likes the idea, he even kicked hard," Jiyana frowned from the sudden pain.

"Jiya, are you okay?" Siena asked worried.

"I am fine, this little omega is really aggressive it seems, just like his father," both women laughed.

Jiyana saw sadness in her best friends eyes. She knew the reason behind it. Gun Theerapanyakul. That man had forcefully marked her best friend and assaulted her many times in a hope to have an alpha heir. Even after the birth of Vegas, he still haven't stopped abusing Siena. Jiyana couldn't do anything to help her friend. Her husband have specially told her to not get involved in the matter since messing with Gun is like entering lion's cave. It's not that he couldn't do anything against them. In fact, Jiyana's husband is the heir of one of the most powerful mafias in Thailand. She is the daughter-in-low of Phongsakorn family.

Jiyana placed her hand on top of Siena's and caressed it to comfort her.

"I'll tell what, my husband is taking me to visit Japan next week to see the beautiful cherry blossom, you can join us with Vegas," she suggested.

Siena looked hesitant.

"Come on, want my best friend with me. It would be so fun! You feel refreshed and Vegas need a good vacation too!" The woman said excitedly.

Vegas' eyes sparkled and quickly nodded looking at his mother.

"I want to see cherry blossom!" Vegas jumped in excitement.

"But Khun Gun will not allow it," Siena said.

The little alpha soon stopped jumping and looked down in disappointment. He has seen his father's behaviour towards his mom. He didn't wan to be stubborn and upset his father, who would beat him up, alongside his mother.

"I will see the cherry blossom from the TV." Vegas suggested and sat on Siena's lap, looking gloomy.

"Why do you need to listen to that vicious man! Can't you leave him? You are suffering by his side," Jiyana suggested, stroking her belly.

"Jiya, you know I can't do that. I can't go to my parents or else their lives will be in danger because of me. Plus, I don't want my child to suffer because of this broken relationship," Siena looked down. Vegas didn't understand what the two adults were talking, but he was sad seeing his mother like that.

"There wasn't any relationship! He forced you into this," Jiyana mentioned.

"But now I can do nothing about it,"

"I hope you consider about your freedom Siena, you deserve better," Jiyana comforted her friend.

"Why you instigating a fight between a husband and a wife!?" Someone shouted. All of them turned around at the loud growl. Siena widened the eyes at the sight of her husband.

"Khun... Gun.. it's.. nothing," Siena quickly stood up and got in front of Jiyana. Vegas hugged his mother's legs.

"Husband and wife? When did that happen? I've never seen you treating Siena like one," Jiyana scoffed.

"Jiyana enough!" Siena warned.

Gun approached Siena and forcibly pushed her aside. He than stood in fron of Jiyana. Siena started to panic and held Gun's hand. "please" she muttered with teary eyes. Jiyana stood bravely in front of Gun, covering her protruding belly. Vegas got the hint from his mother and hugged Jiyana's stomach, intending to protect her and the baby from his cruel father.

"Don't get involved in my business!" Gun warned. He turned to Siena and glared at her. "How did you get here without my permission!?"

"I... You seemed busy.. so I thought not to disturb you by asking," Siena was shaking from fear.

"Of course I am busy! I am not useless like you!"

".. sorry,"

"Why you apologising Siena? He can't control your life like that!" Jiyana protested.

"You shut up!" Siena shivered from fear.

"Let's... Go, I won't meet... Her again, please." Siena requested.

"Stay away from my business!" Gun held Vegas' hand firmly and pulled him. Jiyana saw her friend being dragged by Gun and she can do nothing but stare in pity.

From that day on, Siena didn't dare to meet Jiyana. She is not even given a phone by Gun so she was unable to communicate with her best friend. Vegas also missed the little baby, who he promised to marry when they grow up.

Jiyana really missed her best friend and wished she would gain happiness in her life.

--- End Of Chapter 20---

Hey guys!

I just wanted to write about Siena's past and some some warm moments between toddler Vegas and fetus Pete. 😂😂 Our little omega is just like his mother, brave and kind.

You could see how Siena fears Gun and I hope you understand the trauma she had gone through while being in a forced relationship with Gun.

Please excuse any typos, misspellings and grammatical errors since I haven't proofread anything.

Thanks for reading!