Chapter 37: Guilt

Author's POV

Pete was already in his fourth month of pregnancy. His stomach now has a clear bulge that cannot be hidden by a hoodie or jumper. Pete has been suffering from mood swings and morning sickness though Vegas has them too.

"Aukk," Pete was now in the toilet sitting in front of the porcelain bowl as Vegas pat his back. It was five in the morning and the omega barely got to sleep properly.

After vomiting for five minutes, Vegas cleaned Pete's face with a towel and kissed his forehead.

"Shall we sleep?" Pete leaned his head against the alpha's chest and nodded.

"Carry me to bed," he muttered. Vegas chuckled at the statement before carrying him bridal style to bed.

The omega has been really exhausted nowadays due to the pregnancy.

"You have got really lazy little one," the alpha placed his mate on the bed and climbed next to him.

"Aren't you going for work?" The younger asked as he leaned against the alpha's chest next to him. Vegas wrapped his arm around the omega and rested his palm against his belly bump.

"You forgot didn't you?" He started caressing the omega's belly with his thumb

"What is it?" Vegas smiled as he kissed his mate's hair.

"We have to go and select our wedding dress today and then we have a party in the afternoon remember?" Pete clicked his tongue and hid his face in the Alpha's chest.

"I feel like never getting out of this bed. I am so tired," he then rested his hand against the alpha's on his bump. "they exhaust me," he pouted.

"You can rest for now, no need to overwhelm yourself with all the wedding plan. I will take care of everything," he kissed the omega on the head.

"Hmm... Let's stay like this then,"

---

"How does this look?" Pete got out of the dressing room wearing a black suit that cutely shows his bulging belly as it was designed to. There was also a waist chain designed around his bump. He was looking immensely beautiful. Vegas couldn't resist but peck his mate on the lips in front of everyone.

Tongue clicking sounds and puking sounds were heard from the background as the alpha rolled his eyes.

"Why do they have to be here with us," he sighed making the omega chuckle.

"Oi! We are here to help be grateful!" Shouted Thankhun as he leaned against the mirror. Porsche came running towards the omega.

"Oh my god Pete! You look amazing! This one looks the best, get this one," he gushes.

"Okay than it's done! I'll get this one," Pete muttered and went inside the dressing room to change.

After selecting their wedding dresses, Porsche and Thankhun went to their ways while the couple ended inside a restaurant since the omega was really hungry.

In the afternoon they all got ready to attend the party organised by Pete's father where he will introduce his son to his business partners.

The omega dressed in a suit entered with his alpha on the side. Phat held his son's shoulder and took him on the stage with Vegas on the side.

"Ladies and gentlemen, introduce you to my son. Pete Pongsakorn Saengtham," and then he went on with giving an emotional speech on how he waited for this moment having his son next to him. He also introduced Vegas as his soon to be son-in-law. Everyone were happy for the family Phat finally got and clapped for them.

Pete was all happy but his smile faded when he saw Park looking all sad in the corner of the hall. There was someone next to him patting his back as if reassuring him. He have seen that person but don't know where.

After the speech was done, Pete decided to excuse himself by lying about the toilet and went to see his brother since Vegas was busy chatting with some business partners and it was a good time to escape.

"Phi?" Park looked up to see his brother. Pete saw the person next to his older brother close enough and immediately recognised him. He was Tay, Kinn's friend that he met that day in the bar.

"Pete? Why are you here? It's your day today, go and enjoy it with your father." Park tries to smile but fails miserably.

"Phi..." Pete was interrupted by Vegas as he possessively grabbed his omega's waist.

"Let's go Pete, it's not good to stand for too long," the omega rolled his eyes as he wiggled out of the alpha's grasp. He approached his brother and hugged him.

Park was shaken by the sudden action, but he immediately reciprocated the hug.

"It's okay Phi, I forgive you for everything. Please don't be like this," the omega sobbed. Vegas and Tay didn't interrupted the brothers and stayed silent.

"No nong, I don't deserve your forgiveness. Please don't do this to me. Your forgiveness is making me feel even worse," a tear finally trickled down the alpha as he caressed his brother's back.

"Don't be like that Phi, I already forgave you now you need to forgive yourself," the omega siffled. Vegas finally came forward to rest his hand on his mate's shoulder.

"Pete, i know you have forgiven me but I can't forgive myself, not anytime soon and... I won't be able to face uncle Phat. I have decided to move to USA with my boyfriend Tay," Pete looked towards Tay in surprise.

"Hi Pete," Tay greeted awkwardly. He came forward and took Pete's hand in his palm.

"Don't worry about us Park nong. I will take care of him," and just like that Park and Tay left the party leaving behind an emotional Pete who was being hugged by his alpha.

"It's okay," Vegas reassured his mate as he caressed his soft mane.

"I am tired," the younger muttered against the alpha's chest.

"Fine, let's just go home. The party will end soon," Vegas wrapped his arms around the Omega's waist and carried him to the car to leave.

Soon after, Phat received a message from Vegas about their current situation.

--- End Of Chapter 37---

Hey guys,

Just bare with me until I finish this book. It is coming to an end soon and I already have a story in my head. 😮‍💨

Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter and please excuse any typos misspellings and grammatical errors since I haven't proofread anything.

Many thanks for reading!