Chapter 10: Peace

Author's POV

Vegas and Pete are heading towards Buddha Temple as they walked on perfectly paved flagstone, with colourful flowerbeds on either side of them. The birds are chirping and the butterflies and insects were lingering on the flowers as they enjoy every bit of nectar coming out from it. Pete loves this place so much for a reason. Vegas seems to be enjoying his time with Pete as his lips went wide everytime he saw Pete smiling when interacting with those birds. He is truly a fairytale princess of some sort.

"This place is beautiful," Vegas admitted, or it's the person nex to him who is beautiful. Vegas was glad that Jess was pulled by his arrogant dad as he wanted to introduce him to his friends and business partners, particularly to the rich omega children of his business partners.

"I know right, this place is the only place where I can sought peace in this loud and conspiring world, well there might be other places, I would like to visit all of them," Pete said while grinning at Vegas, dimples clearly visible. Vegas was conflicted between poking his cheeks or kissing it, but he managed to execute none of it.

"I can take you to see all the beautiful places in the world if you allow me to," Vegas offered. Pete just glanced at him and continued playing with the birds, his freshly baked cupcakes scent lingering in the air as Vegas inhaled it in one breath.

"I should come here often then,"

"You should, also bring Macau and Siena with you as well, away from that nasty father of yours," Pete grimace. Vegas on the other hand was just glaring at Pete for what he just said.

The ceremony was done after few hours and Pete left the place long ago. Vegas and Jess were just wrestling with their eyes in their heads throughout the event. Vegas and Mr Paul signed the deal papers that Vegas was long waiting for and he decided to leave the place immediately.

"That boy Pete, he is the heir of Pongsakorn pack isn't he?" Jess pointed out. Vegas just scowled at him.

"I know you're gonna try to get him and use him to expand your business like you've always done with other rich brats you have dated ," Jess continued.

"I won't let that happen this time," he whispered in Vegas'ear. "I'll make him mine before you,"

Vegas was ready to throw punches at him but he couldn't since there were many business dealers here and it would ruin his relationship and he would have to face his father's wrath after that.

"Don't. Try. To. Touch. Him." Vegas whispered back, emphasising each word.

"He is actually my type, so I am planning to mate him," Jess teased him again. "It's my turn to get you this time."

Vegas was left there thinking all the possibilities of Jess doing something to Pete. He doesn't know how he feels about Pete, but he wants to protect him from this world. His face makes Vegas smile, not to mention about his contagious smile that made everyone around him smile with him, including Vegas. He is the bravest omega Vegas has seen in his life as he even has guts to face the monster of a man whom Vegas calls "Pa." Vegas is amazed by his feelings towards Pete as he never felt like this towards anyone, even Tawan whom he dated the longest, for an entire year! Only Vegas knows how he managed to date someone so obsessive and impulsive as Tawan. Anyway, Vegas didn't like the strange feeling on his heart. Maybe he wants to protect Pete because he makes his mom and brother happy? Or because he's always been kind to him? Yeah, that could be it as he thought.

No matter how much he denies his feelings for Pete, the vivid image of Pete smiling with his mom and brother always manages to comfort Vegas. Perhaps he is in love?

**After Five Months**

The days are flying. Vegas tried his very best to catch Pete's attention, but he seems interested. He flirted with him. He spent time with him bu taking him to a coffee shop which he never asked for anyway. He has done everything he could do to get a man, but Pete is just playing hard to get.

One day he saw Pete hanging out with Jess in a cafe. Vegas couldn't control himself and punched Jess on a face. Pete was really upset with him for days and ignored him whenever he used to visit his mom. " Stay away from me, you are not my boyfriend to do all this shit for me! You are no one to me!" Was the only thing that remained in his brain. Yeah "no one," he was no one to him. Vegas felt like he was heartbroken for some reason. He didn't knew someone's words could Hurt his heart this much. It has been long since that event happened and now they are on good terms again. Vegas was more than happy that he was no longer going to get ignored by Pete, but their relationship is stuck on a same track, there is no progression at all. Gun is also pressuring Vegas to lure Pete as soon as possible for their future prosperous business. Vegas still thinks it's not a good idea to trap Pete as he realises by every passing day that his feelings for Pete are more than just wanting to have sex with him. He wished he could prove his feelings wrong, but he keeps failing to do so. He realised he never felt possessive over someone or wanting to protect them from evil, but the fact is, he was going to do the same with him. His heart and brain keeps fighting over Pete and he just wants his brain to win for once.

Pete on the other hand hates the fact that his mind is distracted from his studies due to Vegas. He keeps thinking about how Vegas tried to flirt with him the other day and how it made him feel something in his stomach. He needs to concentrate on his studies though, he can't be distracted especially now that his exams are really close.

Meanwhile, Jess is planning something, that no one can think of. Not even Vegas.

---End OF Chapter 10---

Hey Guys!

Thanks for reading 💕

As you can see Jess is a very sly character, he is planning something 🤔

What could be?

Anyway, please excuse any typos misspellings and grammatical mistakes as I haven't proofread it.

Thanks again for reading, I will try to update soon as possible 😍😍💙