Chapter 17: Consequences

Author's POV

"Vegas!"

Pete always hated the idea of being marked by an Alpha and bound to a relationship where it is almost impossible to get out from. Seeing the teeth marks on his scent gland immediately made him furious.

Vegas woke up from the sound of someone shouting his name. He opened his eyes and started stretching, completely oblivious about the turmoil Pete was in. Pete came running and stood beside Vegas, next to the bed.

"What's wrong?" He questioned.

"What happened? Really Vegas?"

"Oh.. if you are mad about us having sex then let me tell you that you were in heat and after a few rounds I guess my rut was aroused too, which is a bit strange since the dates for my rut is way off... I just wanted to help you since you seemed really vulnerable and-"

"You took advantage of me didn't you?!" Pete shouted.

Vegas was dumfounded. He thought Pete wouldn't mind that since he saved his life from way worse situation plus the cure for the drugs were almost impossible to find. Vegas looked at Pete. Soon after sparkly water dripped down Pete's eyes.

"Pete..."

Vegas quickly stood up and held Pete's shoulder.

"Hey... I am sorry... Look I had no choice-"

SLAP!

Vegas felt a sharp pain on his cheeks. How dare you? He thought.

"Pete!" Vegas pushed Pete backward.

"You! You are just... Like...huk... Jess," Pete blamed in between sobs. Pete really didn't wanted to cry right now, but he couldn't hold his tears back. He always dreamed of becoming a doctor and moving to countryside. Never in his life he thought he would have a mate, whose mark he will carry on his scent gland. He knows how difficult it is for an omega to live far away from his alpha once they are bonded. They always seek for eachother's pheromones and smell like eachother. Pete never wanted to smell like a bloody Alpha. It's disgusting! Were always his words when his friends told him about having a alpha of his own and sharing pheromones.

"Pete! Stop comparing me with Jess! I am not like him! I just wanted to help you or you would've woken up in someone else's bed right now-"

SMACK!

This time Pete landed his fist on Vegas's sharp jaw.

"You bloody Alpha! What do you think of yourself! You think you can do anything and get away with that," the last sentence was heard faintly by Vegas. His heart ached at the accusation he received from Pete. He held Pete's both hand and attempted to calm Pete down. He pulled Pete for a hug, his one hand caressing Pete's slender back, while his other hand ruffled Pete's soft hair.

"Shhh... calm down little one, tell me what's bothering you," as much as Pete hated Vegas right now, he couldn't resist the hug. He held Vegas' broad shoulders from behind and hugged him tightly. Pete's height was quite short compared to Vegas, he reached Vegas' ear so the hug was quite comfortable for him since he can rest his head on Vegas' chest. He started sobbing loundly, wetting Vegas' warm chest which was still bare since he didn't wore any shirt.