Chapter 9: Jealousy Jealousy 🎶

Vegas' POV

I hate that bastard Kinn! Why did he send me here in the Buddha Temple when he clearly knows I don't believe in such things as God. People who believe in God are delusional, I mean who even believes in a thing that is non existence? All those idiots are mentally ill for sure. Praying for their miserable life to an inanimate stone.

Anyway, Kinn said I have to meet some investors here, who are holding a religious event or something. Do they think that unmoving stone will save them from all the sins they have been committing by doing such things? I am speechless, they have to be wackos for that.

"Mr Vegas!" I heard someone called my name from afar. It was Mr Paul, our weaponry investor, which two tall bodyguards following him. He was approaching me as I plastered a fake smile and headed towards him.

"You don't seems to have any bodyguards around, guess you don't have much enemies?" He commented.

"I don't need anyone protecting me." I smiked.

Paul was in his min 50s, as he wore a fine black suit with a red and black tie. His hair clearly turing grey.

"My son is about your age and he told me a lot about you as you guys were in the same college weren't you?" He added.

"Were we though? I am sorry I had a lot of fuck boys at that time and I don't usually remember them after the job is done," I smiked.

My answer made him furious. Anger clearly visible in eyes as he took a deep breath.

"Don't worry Mr Vegas, my son is not the one who gets fucked. He is the one who fucks around as the dominant Alpha he is." He scoffed, while I snorted at that.

"Here he is... Let me introduce you to my son, who's gonna be taking over this business from me soon." A man who I seem to recognise faintly slowly walking towards me. "Son! Meet Vegas. Vegas Theerapanyakul. One of our clients," Paul said.

"Vegas. Nice to meet you again man!" He held me shoulder.

Interesting. Jess. One of my rivals since high school until the university. I knew he was from an influential family but never realised that he is the son of our investor.

"Jess? Nice to meet you again," I smiked.

"You guys make yourself comfortable, while I check on the event that is happening," the old suggested as he left alongside with his bodyguards.

"So... How is life without me in it?" He scoffed.

"Better than yours," I sneered.

He really used to get on my nerves in school and college so I simply used to steal all the betas and omegas who he laid his eyes on. I used to fuck them hard and record their sex tape so I could show it to this scum. This was the reason we used to get on a physical fight most of the time we met.

"So... Found any mate or something? I mean you used to fuck around a lot In college, even stole some of my interest. Has anyone managed to please you yet?" He questioned, raising his eyebrows.

"Well it shouldn't concern you should it?"

"I should get a chance to steal your interest as well sometimes don't you think so?" He said which immediately boiled my blood as I took a deep breath to calm myself down. While I closed my eyes to compose myself, I saw Pete's face appear in my head. His beautiful soft smile and those appetising dimples, which can melt a heart hard as diabase. He dovey and smiley eyes that are capable of hypnotising you and his perfectly proportioned nose. He is perfect.

"So? When will my turn come?"

"Never. I don't like getting into deep feelings like those," I said, possibly lying to myself and him. I hate this unfamiliar feelings in my heart whenever I get reminded of Pete.

"Hello there little buddies! How have you'll been?" I saw a familiar figure caressing the soft fur of some cats which surround him as they bend down, submitting to that person. It was Pete. He was right beside the entrance of the temple as he was now feeding those animals with some cat food and water in a big bowl.

"It's been long time since we met huh? Stop biting Aoma's ear Singto!" He shouted as he picked one cat away from there. "Bad boy!" Cute. Very cute. Hr looks so adorable with a blue sweatshirt and black baggy jeans.

"What an adorable human being," Jess commented and I immediately panicked at a thought of Jess harming Pete for his benefits.

"I think we should head in, the event is about to start. Your father must be looking for you," I tried to shift this focus from Pete.

"Wait..." He kept staring at Pete, fear crawled through my skin as I realised what's happening. No. I won't let this happen.

He approached Pete and stood next to him, eyes not leaving Pete.

Suddenly a few men came with a stick and started attacking those poor animals.

"Hey! Get out of here you little bastards!" One man striking a wooden stick at the car. Pete grabbed it on time and threw it away.

"What the heck are you doing?" Pete said.

"Those animals doesn't suit the aesthetic of this place. We have an important event today, they need to get out of here." One of the man said.

"You have no right to hit them away like that! Imagine someone doing that to you and by the way you don't fit with the aesthetic of this place as well, should I kick you out then?" He said furiously.

"If you dare to touch them I will rip your throat!" His chest heaving.

"But sir-,"

"Cut it! My father held the event here today, I don't see these animals as problem," Jess warned the men.

"As you say sir," three of the man bowed their head and went inside.

"Thank you," said Pete. He moved back to caressing the cats.

"I am Jess by the way,"

"Nice you meet you Khun Jess," Pete waied at him as she bowed his head with a cute smile.

"Nice to meet you too nong," Jess smiked. I know what's cooking in his head. I hate this dude for sure. My blood was boiling as I saw two of them smiling and talking to eachother. I quickly hurried towards them.

"Pete!" I called out his name to interfere their conversation.

"Khun Vegas?" He looked at me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Oh... It's Sunday and I often visit this temple to meet these little dudes, plus it's usually very peaceful in here, not today though," he whined.

"You guys... Know eachother?" Jess responded.

"Pete. Meet my old friend more like rival Jess and Jess, this is Pete he is an intern at the hospital where my mom is admitted." I answered.

"Hmm... You always seem to me ahead of me at everything Vegas," Jess said, as he stared at Pete again.

"I'll meet you guys again next week, take care of each other okay?" Pete said as he set those cats off and they disappeared in the bushes.

"So... Who is who again?" Pete continued.

"This is Jess, my old-,"

"I am Vegas' friend, more like his business buddy," Jess cut me. He's really testing my patience right now.

---End Of Chapter 9---

Hey guys!

Thanks for reading!
I'll try to update more often now.

Please excuse all the mistakes as I didn't proof read anything 😂.

Thanks for reading again.