Palace of Moriah's

If someone had told me twenty-four years ago that I'd have one of the most successful restaurants in the Caribbean I wouldn't have believed a single word. Today I'm the proud but humble owner of Palace of Moriah's if I said I worked my butt off it would be an understatement.

I had six business subjects but only passed three which meant I had to resit my CXC exams however it was not a shock to me I had been in a really sunken mental state prior the exams, family problems constantly moving houses it was all so hectic and unbearable.

I was determined to pass the second round which I did, coming from a household of no wealth I decided to do sixth form, succeeded and and got employed at a bank while attending university, I got a masters in culinary and a PhD in business administration.

I've had many VIP guests fine dined at my restaurant, including Gordon Ramsey himself sometimes I wonder if life is even real, I came from poverty now I'm wealthy my hard work and determination really did pay off.

The average person assumes that millionaires have an infinite amount of friends but in my case I had one dear friend well she's more like the older sister I never had. Yari was more than I could ever ask for in a friend.

If I needed someone to talk to, cry to, ask advice, heck even cuddle Yari was always available she took care of me like she gave birth to me. I don't know what I did to deserve her but I'm never letting her go.

"Moriah how's work been girl?" Yari asked "Do you recall when I said I'd hire a personal assistant Yari ?" "Yes you said after two years you'd hire a personal assistant didn’t you?" " Yeah I did I finally made the position available, how's life going on your half though?"

"It's actually pretty rad, I reconnected with that guy I was head over heels for in University, oops gotta go we'll catch up sometime Moriah!" "We sure will you love bird " I replied before hanging up the call with laughter. She never failed to illuminate my day with even the simplest and shortest conversations.

Yari and I haven't hung out in two months however that wasn't a major problem for us seeing we both had busy schedules.Yari started pursuing her acting career, she's always talked hours on end about being an actress for countless years.

I felt like a proud mom when she started taking it seriously. Every once in a blue moon she sends me videos of her practicing and let me tell you she's improving tremendously with each video. It's truly a euphoric feeling when your friend and you are achieving success.