Deep Conversations

Its been three days since Damien and I have communicated with each other I was occupied with family drama. Apparently my grandmother whom I didn't have best relationship with passed away.

Everyone was fighting for her house I mean it was on a huge lot of land and the house was a decent one story but why did they have to fight over it? I didn't want to get involved but obviously I had to step in and try to resolve the issues.

Honestly all those people called family  only ever associated with me because of my fame and wealth, the only time I'd hear from them is when they need money or assistance though I'm wealthy I never let them drain my capital.

They never checked on me emotionally or any other form of care that's why I'm really appreciative of Yari and Damien. Damien and I haven't spoken or introduced each other to our families quite yet.

I'm not gonna rush that topic because not everyone grew up in a functional family or home. He did mention sometime ago that he had to leave work a bit early to attend his niece's sports day which I thought was super cute.

Something I really admire is Damien's emotional intelligence he understands that at times I can be really busy and never gets flustered about that. I decided to give him a call " My beautiful lady I missed you!" Damien exclaimed " Awwww" I squealed " How about we meet up at Mi Amòr cafe at five this evening?" I asked " Sure I'd love that babe" Damien replied.

When I arrived at the cafe Damien was already seated, as he caught glimpse of his eyes beamed and sweet smile formed on his face I could tell he was a bit nervous as he started shaking his right leg. My presence always seemed to make him nervous.

We both wore casual but classy wear, our outfits complemented us perfectly I loved that Damien had a sense of fashion like I did also. "You look gorgeous Moriah" Damien said while reaching in for a hug "Thanks I love your fashion sense Mr handsome" I responded.

 "You look gorgeous Moriah" Damien said while reaching in for a hug "Thanks I love your fashion sense Mr handsome" I responded

I ordered my usual almond milk coffee with a tofu salad and Damien ordered French cream soup and green tea. I pulled out my card to pay for everything since I planned this little date but Damien didn't like that.

"I know I work for you but trust me I can pay for everything please don't let that happen again" Damien said in a stern tone. I'd never seen him so serious in my life guess I won't be letting that happen again.

"You know I've never told you about my family Damien said as we sat on a bench near the cafe " I know babe" I said in a comforting tone. "My mom passed five years ago due to a heart attack" he said in a soft tone.

"I'm so sorry babe" I comforted him with a hug "I've gotten over it now I know she wouldn't want me to be sad"
"I'm so proud of you for that and I bet your mom is to" I smiled. "My dad is still alive but we don't have the best relationship he refused to give me a share of our family company"

"That's why I had to pursue a job before starting my higher level education  because he was stubborn on not paying although he had the money" Damien sighed " What in the world" I replied " I also have two sisters, Skia my little sis and Damiea my older sis.Two days after Damiea birthed her baby her husband died in a car accident so I take my role as an uncle very seriously" he said while holding my hands.

"Damien you've been through so much yet you still radiate positive energy and I adore that" I said squeezing his hands tighter. "My Mom and I don't have the best relationship and my dad is almost non existent the rest of my family I barely even know" "That's unfortunate but I'm always here for you Moriah, always"
We then hugged for what seemed like forever.

"Why did it take you so long to like me?" Damien asked curiously "Well you see I have to know a person for at least three years before liking them" "Demi things" Damien chuckled causing me to laugh also."Also I love you for you Moriah, not just your body or lifestyle" Damien said with a look of adoration in his eyes.

"I know babe you might not say it daily but your actions sure do, trust me I know babe" We kissed and went our separate ways. I enjoyed having deep conversations with Damien, the way he explains him self and tries to understand my point of view, he speaks with such intelligence and can be very articulate at times.