Promise Fulfilled

Today was the perfect day to ring up Damien and tell him he got the job. "Good Morning Miss Moriah" Damien answered "Good Morning you'll be starting tomorrow morning at 8am"
"Sure Miss Moriah"

A heavy weight flew off my chest knowing I fulfilled my promise. I threw on a white dress which was a birthday present from Yari. There was a lake just two minutes away from my abode.

I decided I would walk there and have a picnic with my pup Bolt. I put on a white doggy shirt on him to match my dress., "Such a handsome boy" I squealed "Woof woof" he replied.

Bolt is usually a good boy so I rarely put him on his lead when walking to the lake, plus its just two minutes away, what could go wrong? He was so happy to leave the house that he was scraping the door.

This was one my favourite places to be in solitude as not much people came by the lake. The lake of Swanly was heavenly with swans and ducks paddling across the lake effortlessly I'd occasionally see frogs and bunnies.

I spreaded my blanket on the floor, layed my pillows and picnic basket down. Bolt was running around like the happy pup he is, five ducks made there way to across to me while I took out the food.

A strange feeling came to me then I realised that it's been three minutes since I'd seen Bolt, I quickly rose up and sprinted while calling his name"Bolt Booolt Boooolt" I then caught a glimpse of him landing in the pond

"Bolt Booolt Boooolt" I then caught a glimpse of him landing in the pond.

A passer by saw the scene playing out and wasted no time scooping him up, I praised the stranger for their generosity and offered them a free dine in with a plus one at my restaurant. "My name's Skia by the way" she smiled.

On my way back with a soaking and scared Bolt in my arms I was greeted by ducks eating my food. My gosh the blanket was wet and messy, they all got back in the lake as they saw me approaching.

I'm not letting any of this ruin my day
I repeated to myself on the way back home"Ouchhh!" I yelled in pain as I tripped on a rock causing Bolt to jump out of my arms and my picnic basket to turn upside down.

I dusted my hands off, placed the food back in the basket while trying to stop Bolt from eating it but his name is Bolt for a reason, he snatched up a crepe and bolted towards home. I jugged behind him making sure he went the right direction.