The Nephalem and The Last Elemental (Emmanuel)

Author: amwilliams_writes

Genre: Fantasy

Reviewer: Denyefa4

The Nephalem and the Last Elemental is a fantasy novel about an elemental witch who is the last of her kind, with no knowledge of the supernatural world. However, everything changes when she meets a stranger at a club who turns out to be her mate. Now she is thrust into a brewing war and the life that someone was protecting her from.

I loved the fact that you went straight to the point with your writing, jumping to the action and excitement of your book to keep your readers hooked.

Let's begin with your cover. With the title of your book, we know that it's going to contain magic, and the presence of fire on your cover gives off a nice vibe. Your blurb gave off a mysterious vibe that made me want to find out more. Although it lacked a comma or two, it was nice.

Your first chapter had a great opening. It sets the mood and shows us the character's confusion after waking up in an unknown place. You had set a conflict from this chapter, and the confusion your character felt was relatable. Your descriptions were also on point. Good job. You kept me on my toes as I read. Every word you used aroused excitement in me.

Your second chapter was great, but I did notice a repetition of the sentence "all I could afford." Also, your paragraphs were too long and hard to read on mobile. It would help if you considered slicing them up. To avoid repetition, I'd suggest using strong adjectives.

Your third, fourth, and fifth chapters were great, but I'd like to add that the POV switch in chapter five was too sudden. The cliffhanger in your fifth chapter was amazing and kept my heart racing. Good job. However, I did notice a few things that I'd like to point out in a bit.

Grammar-wise, your grammar was nice, but I noticed a few missing words and constant repetition. Your punctuation was also good, but you had a habit of double spacing after a full stop, which felt weird to the eyes. That can be fixed by a quick Grammarly check.

In conclusion, your book was amazing, with cliffhangers that kept your readers guessing. You did a great job. Also, try making your paragraphs shorter so they'll be easier to read on mobile.

I give you 4 out of 5 stars as your book still needs some work, but you're on the right path.