Part 6

#AMAHLE

Mom's party was a success and Damon Patrick came back to his position and Cecilia was working in another department. Things were going good for us and the month in general has been a good one. Iyana loved school and my baby being the bubbly person she was, made some friends; I was proud of her. It was Saturday morning I was laying on my husband bare chest listening to the sound his heart made, I was at peace.

Him: Boobie?

Me: Nuni...

Him: did you ever get rid of the loop?

Well that was unexpected! I was never ready for that question.

Me: w-why do you ask?

Him: just asking... So did you?

Me: no

Him: why?

Me: it slipped my mind I guess. Too much has been going on babe

Him: ok... So when are you getting it removed?

Me: why?

I said sitting up straight and so did he.

Him: cause Iya needs a little brother or sister

Me: Iya doesn't need siblings yet. She's only 3

Him: when will you be ready for a baby Amahle?

Me: I don't know Damon, not anytime soon. My career has just kick-started and a baby will only weigh me down

Him: You were 20 and doing your last year when Iyana came into our lives but not once did she weigh you down. You graduated and passed all your modules with distinctions, what's different now?

Me: I have a company to take care of Damon and still come home to mother YOUR daughter.

Him: oh wow! My daughter Amahle?!

Shiiit that was not meant to come out like that. He got up and wore his t-shirt

Me: Damon I didn't mean...

Him: whatever Amahle

Me: where are you going?

Him: I'm going to check on MY daughter!

With that he walked out. I really fucked up this time. Am I wrong for not wanting a baby just yet? I'm only 23 for Christ sake and I haven't done half the things I want to do with my life. a baby will only hold me back. Why does he even want a baby now of all times? I'm too young for a baby. I decided to check my emails and everything else then made the bed and went to shower. After my showering and everything else I wore shorts and a vest, I felt like freeing the nipple today and I did just that. My boobs weren't big, they weren't those tiny either; they were round and firm. I went to Iyana's room and they weren't there do I went downstairs and I found them in the Kitchen making breakfast. Iya was sitting on a bar stool and Damon was by the stove.

Me: mornings

Her: mommy

I hugged her and kissed her.

Her: how are you?

Me: I'm good my baby and how are you?

Her: good. We making food

Me: but you just sitting here

Her: no I'm telling dad about school and my Nikitha and Lona

Me: are those your friends?

Her: yes

Me: need help with anything?

Him: no I'm good