Part 35

#AMAHLE

Yesterday was amazing. After our session we showered together and went to join the kids downstairs and helped them with homework's and my husband cooked dinner for us. Life was amazing and more. It was February the 14th and we had plans with Siya and Zukisa together with Karen and William, Kay and her husband were in town for the week so tonight we were going to have fun as adults. The kids were visiting their grandmother after school and she was ok with them spending the night there because I think we all know what grown-ups do on valentine's night even though some of us don't need valentines to enjoy ourselves and be hella romantic and lovey dovey. After dropping of the kids I went to work and when I got in there was an envelope on top of my desk sealed, I sat down and opened it. It was Mr Mathabo's contract and it was signed, this was the man that was going to put my name on the map. He was a well-known business man and he wanted me to be the one responsible for building his block of offices. I was honoured. I received a call from my assistant telling Mr Mathabo was on the phone. All I'm thinking was what did this man want from me this early.

//Me: Amahle Bess how may I help you?

Him: Such formality Mrs Bess

Me: Mr Mathabo how are you?

Him: I'm good thank you Mrs Bess and how are you?

Me: I'm good too thank you. I got your contract

Him: I sent it to you yesterday. I got worried when I didn't get a response from you

Me: I left the office early because I had things to attend to.

Him: what things?

Me: personal things outside business

Him: ouch. About my request, have you thought about it?

Me: yes I did and like I said, I don't think I'm comfortable mixing business with pleasure.

Him: Mrs Bess I'm sure your husband mixes business with pleasure all the time

Me: even if he does, that's his business not mine.

Him: so you trust me that much?

Me: he is my husband and our relationship is built on loyalty and trust. And my marriage has got nothing to do with my business with you.

Him: Mrs Bess I'm sorry if you feel I'm prying but all I want from you is nothing but innocent friendship

Me: don't they all?

Him: I'm nothing like this "they" you speak off. But its fine

Me: Mr Mathabo if that is all have a good day

Him: goodbye Mrs Bess

Me: my assistant will set up our next meeting. //

I didn't care to hear this man's responses. He was being persistent for shiit and I didn't trust his intentions! I buried myself in work with back to back meetings then at lunch time I called spur to deliver lunch for my husband, I paid them online and then got back to work. I got a call from him.

//Me: hey handsome

Him: hey beautiful. I thought this lunch would come with you

Me: I want to come but I have a lot of work to catch up with from yesterday

Him: as long as you won't miss dinner with our friends

Me: I would never. I'm leaving the office at 4 today

Him: ok good then I'll see you at home

Me: ok my honey see you then

Him: bye. I love you Mrs Bess