Part 24

#AMAHLE

My bridesmaids and I were going to be sleeping at my home with me in my room, the house mom and Daniel bought was 5 bedrooms; The main bedroom, My room, Nathi's & Alu's and the spare. The spare room was going to occupied by my father. In the house mom used to own the family that couple that rented the house only occupied the main bedroom only so 4 more rooms were available, Damon's parents were going to occupy one of the rooms, Amber and her family in the other room, the guys in one of the rooms and the last room was going to be occupied by Meg, Shanice and Amanda. Everyone I know in Durban wanted to be there and somewhere flying in tomorrow. I wanted my wedding to start at 10am and at least end at 6/7pm so that people can go to Durban for the white wedding ceremony. How I wished my grandmother and Daniel were here to witness this day and share it with me but I knew very well that they were watching over me at all times. The lounge was cleared out, we moved the couches to the dining room to make space to practise and I must say it wasn't going as I had hoped, Karen was all over the place while the rest were mastering the dance Sim came up with. It had dabbing, nae-nae and some other less complicated dance moves. Damon and I were going to do our own different thing from the others which didn't need much rehearsing. I can't dance so it has to be something simple that's doable even though hubby can dance but he's more of your hip hop dancer like his brother. speaking of Damien, he was GOOD! probably the best dancer in the guys, he and Sim were partners and they seemed to be hitting it off. not just in dancing but also apart from dancing. I think they had a thing for each other and mind you Damien has a girlfriend of his own, I've met her a few times and she's sweet and has a beautiful heart so I don't know where him flirting with Simmy was going. I pulled Karen aside.

Me: you all over the place

Her: I know friend and I'm sorry

Me: where's your head at? You've been lost in thoughts ever since you came back from getting water earlier on

Her: it's nothing friend I'm ok

Me: you not and I cannot have you screwing up like this tomorrow

Her: I won't screw up I promise

Me: buddy what's wrong? honestly now

Everyone wants their wedding to be perfect right? You want the décor on point. The tent on fleek. You want the step to be dapper. You want the food to be memorable in a good way. Basically you want perfection because a wedding is something people talk about even 5 months later. I wanted my wedding to be the wedding of the century in Mthatha so Karen had to step up or she was out.

Her: nothing. everything is fine

Me: fine if you say so but Karen Young if you keep this up I will pull you out

Her: what?

Me: you're in front. I can't have you messing this up for me my friend

Her: I won't mess it up

Me: fine then

we went back to the others. I was sitting next to my husband; Sim was in front with Damien coaching the others.

Sim: ok let's take it from the top. 5,6,7,8

Dae pressed play and they took it from the top.

Him: what was that about?

Me: Karen needs to get the step or I'm pulling her out

Him: that's not fair. She has a lot going on with her wedding next weekend

Me: I understand that Damon but this wedding is not just any wedding

Him: and I understand that but don't be hard on her, she's trying