03: Miss suitcase

''I'll pick your feet up off of the ground''

The next morning, Rose woke up before her alarm clock went off. Even though she hadn't slept that long, the excitement for her first day was overpowering her tiredness.

She looked to her left to see Bloom still asleep. Deciding not to wake her yet, she quietly made her way into the bathroom.

She was grateful every bedroom had its own bathroom because sharing one with five other girls would be a disaster. She took a quick shower and got dressed and by the time she was ready, Bloom was awake too.

''Good morning!'' Rose chirped excitedly. ''Ready for our first day?''

Bloom grumbled a good morning back but didn't look like she was completely awake yet. ''I'm so tired, we shouldn't have stayed so late at the party,'' Bloom complained while letting out a yawn.

The mention of the party made Rose realise this was her moment to bring up the Sky-Stella drama, though she wasn't too delighted to do so.

''Well about last night,'' Rose started, keeping her voice low. ''You should know, Sky's Stella's ex.''

''Why would you say that?'' Bloom mumbled as a blush had crept onto her cheeks. ''There's nothing going on between Sky and I.''

Rose knew she was lying, since Bloom averted her eyes and her voice wavered. ''Well, Stella seems to think otherwise. I'm not judging you, but if there's something going on, maybe you should be honest about it to Stella.''

''Yeah, yeah, of course, but nothing's going on so no worries,'' Bloom rushed out, before getting up out of bed and disappearing into the bathroom.

Rose decided to let go of the subject and to not meddle in their drama again. She had delivered the message, sort of, which ended her role in the whole love triangle thing.

She made her way into the common room and was met by a couple good mornings from her other roommates. Besides Bloom, everyone had already gathered there and they were all listening to something Stella was saying.

''It's obligatory and it starts at 09:00 am.''

''What are we talking about?'' Rose asked as she took a seat on the couch.

''There's an obligatory assembly at 09:00 am. Headmistress Dowling will be welcoming al the students in the great hall and will have some sort of speech about Alfea or something,'' Musa explained.

This was it, it was happening. Her journey of becoming the fire fairy she'd always wanted to be was starting today.

''I can't wait to start classes!'' Rose cheered while clapping her hands together.

''Please try to contain your excitement. Some of us don't respond well to a lack of sleep,'' Bloom grumbled as she entered the common room.

''Oh, come on, let Rose be excited. Here,'' Aisha interfered while shoving a cup of coffee into Blooms hands. ''This should help. Now let's go before we're late.''

-

In the great hall, benches were placed on the left and right side of the room with a pathway down the middle. On either side of the pathway, torches were lined up and instead of fire, little bundles of what seemed to be light magic were dancing on top of them.

Even the benches were not just regular old benches. They were upholstered with what looked like blue velvet and in the back of the benches, engravings could be seen showcasing fairies with different elements and also people demonstrating different kinds of combat. It combined the fairies and the specialists, and it looked beautiful.