11: Where's The Fire At?

''Until then I'll smile to hide the truth''

Rose was panting heavily as she had been running around the school on a quest to find Bloom. The classes on today's schedule had all been finished, so she figured she had to be around here somewhere. Rose had already checked their dorm, the library and the cafeteria but Bloom wasn't in any of those places and she hadn't replied to the billion texts Rose had sent her.

At times like these, Rose was reminded how big the school really was and she hadn't even explored all of it. She was also reminded how beautiful the school is. It still held the charm of an old building, with its old fashioned towers, old stone walls and stone floors but the tall, big windows and the modern furniture also gave it a more streamlined look.

She decided to check their dorm one more time and took the hallway on the second floor which led across the entrance hall on the first floor. The hallway was open on the inside, looking out onto the hall. Pillars connected the ground to the ceiling and glass banisters were placed in between them.

As Rose looked down, scanning all the students standing in the entrance hall, she finally spotted Bloom. She was chatting with Sky. She should've known Bloom was with him. Even though things weren't quite official between the two of them yet, Rose knew more had happened than just talking. But that was not the point right now.

In her excitement of finally finding Bloom, she got a little carried away. 'BLOOM!', Rose shouted loudly as she leaned over the banister.

Well, she got what she wanted, the attention of Bloom. However, Rose felt her cheeks heat up in embarrassment as all the other students standing in the entrance hall turned to look at her as well.

'Go on then, we'd all like to hear what you have to say.', some specialist yelled back at Rose in a taunting voice, not making the moment any less embarrassing.

Rose just looked back at him, face red, lips slightly parted, but no words coming out. A mixed feeling of surprise and relief washed over her as she spotted Riven who had just walked into the entrance hall. She watched as he stalked over to the specialist and slapped him on the back of his head.

'Mind your own fucking business.', Riven jeered as he raised a challenging eyebrow, but the specialist quickly rushed off without commenting.

Rose took advantage of the distraction by composing herself as she directed her gaze back to Bloom. 'You know what, I'll just come down.', Rose muttered awkwardly as she gestured  that she was going to take the stairs leading down.

In the meantime, Riven had joined Bloom and Sky, and as Rose approached them, the amused expression on their faces was hard to miss.

'Great way to get our attention.', Sky joked as Rose reached them.

'Yes, it was.', Rose replied, trying to act like she wasn't embarrassed at all.

It didn't really seem convincing though, as her heart was still beating loudly and the heat in her cheeks was still present.

'Why is it that you never greet me that enthusiastically?', Riven asked in mock-hurt but a cheeky smirk formed on his face soon after.

His comment caused Rose to let out a laugh but as she opened her mouth to respond, she was cut off by Bloom.

'The more pressing question is why did you feel the need to yell my name across the entrance hall?', she grinned.

The question made Rose remember why she was actually looking for Bloom and as the urgency of the situation became clear again, she quickly grabbed Bloom's hand and started to drag her away from Sky and Riven.