12: You Seem Like A Nice Person

''There's a firefly loose tonight, better catch it before it burns this place down'' 

Two weeks had passed since the incident. Rose had decided that that was how she was going to refer to her momentary black-out. Even though each and every one of her roommates had been trying hard to come up with a solution, they weren't any closer to an actual answer. Luckily, it hadn't happened again. The babysitting was still going on though, and right now, Rose was left in the hands of Stella.

'Let's go!', Stella chirped excitedly as she grabbed her jacket.

Rose, on the other hand, was anything but excited. Stella was meeting up with Brandon for lunch and had insisted that Rose should join them. Since the other girls were unavailable at the moment, Rose didn't really have a choice but to tag along with the lovebirds.

'Yay, third wheeling during lunch. So excited.', Rose let out sarcastically as she followed Stella out the door of their dorm.

'Not so gloomy. It'll be fun. You'll see.', Stella responded as she hooked one arm through Rose's.

The mischievous look on Stella's face, however, told Rose otherwise. She knew Stella was up to something, she just didn't know what it was. Deciding to trust her friend, she didn't comment on it any further.

As they arrived at the cafeteria, it didn't take them long to spot Brandon sitting at one of the tables.

'Good afternoon, ladies.', Brandon said as they reached him.

Rose watched as Brandon got up to give Stella a kiss on her cheek which she found to be really adorable. Before she sat down, she quickly introduced herself to Brandon as they hadn't met before.

'Hi, I'm Rose. Nice to finally meet you, I have heard a lot about you already.', She said while sending him a warm smile.

'Nice to meet you too, Rose. I'm Brandon, but I guess you already know that. Hope the stuff you heard about me was good.', he laughed as he raised an eyebrow.

Stella actually hadn't shared that much about him, she was very private when it came to her love life but ever since they met, Stella was often in a good mood which was enough for Rose to know.

'Of course. Happy Stella, happy roommates, so you're doing great in that area.', Rose joked.

'Oh ha-ha. What, because I terrorise you all when I'm in a bad mood?', Stella questioned as she rolled her eyes but the smile on her face revealed that she knew there was some truth in it.

'Let's just leave that in the middle, shall we?', Rose playfully replied.

'Think that's the smart choice.', Brandon chimed in. 'I would've taken you guys out to lunch, but Ethan only had a half hour to spare. We can already grab some food, though.'

Rose's eyes widended at Brandon's words and she let out a cough while Stella and Brandon got up from their seats. 'I'm sorry, Ethan?', she squeaked awkwardly.

'Yeah, he's also a specialist. Stella thought the two of you would make a good match.', Brandon revealed but as his eyes landed on Rose, something seemed to click in his brain. 'Stella, you did inform Rose that we invited both Rose and Ethan so they could get to know each other, right?'

Rose couldn't believe what was happening. But really, the joke was on her, she shouldn't have trusted Stella. She should've known better. Stella had never been keen on her roommates meeting Brandon and now all of a sudden, she insisted that Rose joined them for lunch.

'Oh my god, you dragged me along so you could set me up with some guy?', Rose exclaimed as she waved her hands in the air in disbelief. 'Why would you even do that, I'm not looking to date anyone!'