16: Consider Me Impressed

''Feel the heat upon my skin''

'I've got to have this one too!', Rose could hear Stella exclaim as she spotted yet another dress through a shop window.

The girls had decided to go shopping for dresses as Alfea was hosting a gala in three weeks to celebrate the ending of the second trimester as well as the ending of the first semester. All of them had managed to find a dress, but for Stella, one wasn't enough. She had bought three already and was now on her way to buy the fourth.

Rose had fallen in love with a deep red evening gown that reached to her ankles. It had a one shoulder detail, a thigh split and ruching around the waist, which, for Rose, was bold. She normally wouldn't pick a dress like that but after the other girls urged her to buy it as they claimed it looked stunning on her, she bought the dress anyway. After all, it could never hurt to impress a certain someone. 

'Oh god, another one?', Aisha breathed out as she watched Stella disappear into the shop. 'I need to sit down.'

Aisha's comment caused the other girls to burst out in laughter and they decided to wait outside while they excitedly chatted on about their expectations for the night of the gala.

'So, are we all going together, or do we have to score dates?', Terra asked as she looked around the group.

To Rose, it was obvious that the question made Terra uncomfortable, and she wasn't the only one. Rose had gotten her hopes up that Riven was going to ask her, though, deep down, she knew that wasn't going to happen.

'Well, Stella and I are the only ones in a relationship. I think it would be more fun to go together, we can still meet the boys there.', Bloom suggested.

'Oh. My. God!', Rose exclaimed emphasizing all the words. 'Did you just say relationship? It's official between you and Sky?'

The blush that had crept onto Bloom's face was enough confirmation and Rose couldn't be more excited for her friend.

'Well, yes, we kind of decided to make it official yesterday.', Bloom mumbled as her hands shot up to cup her face. 'It's so awkward to say it out loud.'

'Don't be silly! I'm so happy for you.', Rose cheered as she pulled Bloom into a hug.

The other girls joined Rose's excitement, even Stella, as she got back from buying the dress and caught on to what was happening.

'This totally calls for drinks!', Rose remarked, and they quickly made their way over to a cute little pub.

'So, Rose, what's the deal then with you and Riven? Don't you want to go with him?', Musa asked as they all sat down at a table.

'Can't imagine anyone wanting to have Riven as a date.', Terra commented sceptically but Rose was too deep in thought to hear Terra trashing Riven again.

Of course she wanted to go with Riven but things had gotten a little complicated between the two of them ever since the night they watched the sky. In the last three weeks, following that night, they had been spending some more time together, which was nice, but saying that Riven was giving off some mixed signals was an understatement. It had gotten to a point where Rose couldn't keep up with the changes in his behaviour, it was always a surprise which Riven she would get. The constant factor would be that he was always trying to touch her, whether it was an arm around her shoulders as he came to walk beside her in the hallways or grabbing her waist as he came up behind her. The surprise, on the other hand, would be whether he was willing to stay after and spend time with her or that he would just rush out a quick hello, just barely acknowledging her presence, before rushing off again.