15: Come On, Live A Little

''Then we started talking the way that we do''

As Rose returned to her dorm after her last class, she spotted Riven's sweater laying on her bed

As Rose returned to her dorm after her last class, she spotted Riven's sweater laying on her bed. The piece of clothing had brought her comfort last night, as his smell lingered on it. Unfortunately, though, it was time to give it back. She sent Riven a text telling him she was on her way before putting the sweater in her bag and making it out the door.

Swerving through training and battling specialist's, Rose was searching for Riven. She had texted him again, asking where he was exactly but he hadn't responded yet. Her search was interrupted when she felt someone tapping her shoulder and as she turned around, a smile formed on her face.

'Ethan! Hi.', Rose greeted him happily.

'Fancy seeing you here.', Ethan replied as he returned her smile. 'You look a bit lost. Can I help you?'

'Oh, not lost. Just looking for someone, actually.', Rose informed him as she scanned her surroundings again, but no sign of Riven.

'You know, I've got a 15-minute break, might be just enough time to continue our last conversation?', Ethan suggested as he raised an eyebrow.

Rose thought back to their conversation, remembering how she had asked Ethan what Brandon and Stella had said about her. As Riven still hadn't responded to her text, she decided to follow Ethan to one of the benches that were spread out around the training area.

'Just give it to me straight, was it bad?', Rose asked as she sat down next to him.

Ethan let out a laugh in response. 'If it had been bad, I probably wouldn't have agreed to meet you.'

Oh god, Rose thought to herself, his remark did make sense. She opened her mouth to say something but was distracted as a shadow fell over them, announcing the presence of someone.

'Sorry, I was just in the middle of a sparring session when you texted me.', Riven informed her as he sat down in between Ethan and her. His voice sounded normal, though Rose could notice his jaw was clenched.

'That's okay.', Rose smiled at him.

Even after four months, even after the moments they had shared together, being near him still had the same effect on her. His close presence always caused a warm fuzzy feeling to settle in her stomach, sending her mind spinning a little, while time seemed to slow down. So, when Ethan suddenly spoke up, it startled her.

'Hey, I'm Ethan.', he said as he looked at Riven but the latter kept his gaze on Rose for a few seconds before turning to him.

'Riven.', he curtly mentioned before letting his eyes scan over him. Rose didn't like the look in Riven's eyes. It was a mixture of arrogance, annoyance and mischief and she already knew nothing good was going to come out of his mouth. 'Wait, I know you. You're the specialist who's known for his swimming skills.', Riven added in an amused voice. 'And not in a good way.', he pointed out as he turned his gaze back to Rose. 'This guy has fallen into the water more than any other specialist known to Alfea.'