09: Are You Into Me?

''And if I fall for you, would you fall too?''

The music filled their ears as Rose and her dormmates neared the party.

'Looks like a good party.', Musa remarked as she took in the scene in front of her.

'We'll never find out for sure if we keep standing outside!', Stella chirped in an elevated voice as she took Musa's hand and dragged her inside.

The other girls followed suit and as they entered, Rose scanned the area. The room was dimly lit by red lighting and a table with various bottles of alcohol was lined up against the wall next to the entrance. A few standing tables were placed on the right side of the room, along with a beer pong table but on the left side of the room there was enough space to dance.

After taking what felt like a hundred selfies at the orders of Stella, a few dances and two drinks later, Rose was standing at a table with her friends when someone approached her from behind.

'I was starting to worry you weren't going to show up.', a voice said into her ear.

She didn't even have to turn around to know who that voice belonged to.

'I texted you I was coming, Riven, and I've been here for like an hour.', Rose chuckled as Riven moved to stand beside her. 

'Hello, to you too Riven!', Terra shouted loudly in a sarcastic way. 'You can at least greet us, you know.', she added while rolling her eyes.

'Oh, fuck off.', Riven harshly replied, 'Don't you have anything better to do than meddle in other people's conversations?'

This time, it was Rose's turn to roll her eyes and she couldn't stop herself from elbowing Riven in the ribs. 'Be nice to my friends!', she scolded him just before letting out a squeak. Riven had abruptly snaked one arm around Rose's waist to pull her closer to him.

'What's in it for me, then?', he cheekily questioned as he lowered his head to level with her ear.

His sudden action had caught Rose off guard and his close presence made it harder for her to think of something to say. As the thoughts were racing through her head, she tried to avoid Riven's gaze but in doing so, her eyes met with Dane's. The conversation they had had earlier that day came rushing back in and made her stumble back out of Riven's embrace, earning a confused look from him.

Rose let out a cough as to cover up her awkward action. 'Because you're so nice, you have earned yourself the privilege to go get me something to drink.', Rose stuttered out while giving him an uncomfortable smile.

Her sudden change in behaviour obviously hadn't gone unnoticed by him as he looked at her quizzically. 

'Not really what I was thinking, but okay...', he trailed before walking away to get them some drinks.

It took a while for Riven to get back but as he returned, he was carrying two shot glasses and a bottle of liquor in his hands. 'I need a smoke, come with me?', he suggested, a mischievous smile playing on his lips.

Rose followed him outside and watched as he put the bottle and the shot glasses down on one of the picknick tables that stood in the garden. Riven pulled  a cigarette out of a pack and started searching his pockets but his hands came out empty.

'Fuck.', he sighed, 'forgot my lighter.' As the words left his mouth, he diverted his gaze to Rose. 'Your fire magic might come in handy after all.', he said as he put the cigarette in between his lips. 'Mind lending me a hand?'

Though his smoking habits weren't hers to judge, an idea still popped into her head. 'Of course.', Rose replied, happy to take advantage of the situation. A sly smile spread on her face as she snapped her fingers. Instead of lighting the cigarette, she burned it down right to its filter. 'Now, are we drinking or are we smoking?', she sassed while putting a hand on her hip.