21: You Could Use A Little Distraction

''All I want is the taste that your lips allow''

'Did you know?!', Riven barked as he burst into his shared dorm

His question was directed towards Sky whom he knew was inside. However, what Riven hadn't counted on was the fact that Bloom was straddling Sky's lap on the bed when he entered.

Normally he would've backed out of the room quicker than hell but this time he was too angry to care about ruining their moment.

'What the fuck, Riven!', Sky cursed as Bloom quickly scrambled off of him. 'What is wrong with you?'

Riven didn't even know if his anger originated from the fact that Rose could be in danger, that headmaster Silva hid this information from him or that he suspected that Sky was in on it too.

'What the fuck is wrong with me? Well, I don't know, maybe what's wrong with me is that I'm fucking furious because I know you've been lying to my face!', Riven shot back.

He could feel his heart pounding in his chest with adrenaline, fists clenched at his sides as he tried to control his breathing. He was bluffing but something told him that Sky knew about it too and kept it from him. He had tried to push that feeling away but after dinner, after having too much time to think it all over, he just had to confront Sky.

'I don't even know what you're talking about but let's discuss this outside.', Sky grumbled as he got up off the bed as well before looking at Bloom. 'Just give me a minute, I'll be right back.'

Riven let out a scoff before turning around and walking out into the hallway.

'Don't lie to me, Sky.', Riven warned as his friend followed him out and closed the door behind him. 'Did you know about Silva keeping an eye on Rose and her possibly being in danger?'

Riven struggled to get the words out in a controlled manner, his emotions having the upper hand, and as he noticed a guilty look flashing over Sky's face, he couldn't restrain himself any longer. His right fist came into contact with Sky's left cheek and the latter let out a pained groan.

'Fuck!', Sky cursed as his hands flew up to his nose, feeling around for blood but there wasn't any as Riven had managed to hold back just enough. 'I guess I deserved that.'

Even though Riven had had his suspicions, hearing Sky basically confess caused a sharp sting to run through his body. It was a feeling of betrayal. One of the worst kinds as this was betrayal by the two people closest to him.

Riven let out a wry chuckle. 'You know, I expected this from Silva as he answers to Dowling but you—', he said as he pointed an accusing finger at Sky, 'I expected more from you.'

'I get it, you're angry and you have every right to be but if it makes you feel any better, I only found out about it last week.', Sky defended as he held his hands up.