02: Fiery Feisty Fire Fairy

''I'm sat here, wishing I was sober''

Apparently, the party was hosted in the east tower. Rose had decided to straighten her long brown hair and for an outfit, she had chosen a simple dress. It wasn't exactly her first choice, but Bloom insisted she just had to wear it.

Terra had succeeded in getting everyone to come, even Stella and Aisha, and as they arrived at the entrance, Rose could feel the music vibrating through her body. She couldn't wait to experience her firs party at Alfea and the view in front of her didn't disappoint. She had expected a get together under the supervision of the professors, but this, this was a full-on party with no professors in sight. The room was packed with students, most of them dancing to the music, carrying drinks in hand and it didn't take long before Rose was dragged into the crowd by Musa.

''How do people seem like they're drunk? Alcohol is not even allowed,'' Rose shouted over the music as they finally found a spot that wasn't yet occupied.

''It's not that difficult to sneak alcohol in,'' Stella beamed proudly as she pulled a big flask out of her bag, earning a surprised look from Rose.

''That's how it's done!'' Musa cheered excitedly. ''I'm going to get us some drinks to mix,'' she added before walking away.

As she returned with the drinks, Stella poured some of the liquid of her flask into the cups.

''Should we toast?'' Terra asked the girls.

''To new friendships and new beginnings!'' Rose exclaimed cheerily while holding her drink up in the air.

A wave of happiness rippled through her body as the other girls joined her. This was exactly how she'd imagined her time at Alfea and she just hoped the six of them would become close friends someday.

In the hours after, a lot of pictures were taken, and laughs were shared. They were having a good time, but, all of a sudden, Rose felt something cold and wet trickling down the side of her arm. She shrieked while turning around and a soft groan escaped her lips as she realised who had caused it.

Riven.

''Fuck!'' he cursed as he looked at the now almost empty red cup in his hands before his eyes finally landed on Rose.

There was a moment of silence, neither one of them saying anything. Rose because she was a little shocked, and Riven, well, she didn't know why he didn't say something. He could at least apologise, but he just wore an arrogant expression, his face not giving away anything else.

''You're a dick Riven,'' Dane interfered as he caught on to what was happening and elbowed his friend in the ribs.

It caused Riven to roll his eyes as he pushed his friend out of the way and directed his eyes back to Rose. She could practically feel his gaze glide over her body while he took in her appearance and as he suddenly stepped closer, Rose wanted to step back, but his hand on her waist kept her in place.

She was taken aback by his actions and the sudden change in his behaviour. It made the common sense to lift het hands and push him away leave her body, and instead she froze.

''I'm sorry,'' Riven said as he leaned in, so only she could hear. ''For the drink and for being rude to you earlier.''

His close proximity made it hard for Rose to think clearly and she was desperately digging around her brain to form a proper sentence. She cursed herself for turning all shy, but she couldn't help it.

''It's fine,'' was all she managed to stammer out as she quickly wriggled out of his grip and walked away, leaving a surprised looking Riven behind.

Rose didn't know where she was headed, but she just had to put some more distance in between the two of them before she would embarrass herself even more. Noticing a bathroom sign, she decided that that was now her destination.