Chapter Two | The Argument

It's currently 3 in the afternoon as Engfa peacefully sat on her expensive dark brown leather swivel chair scanning through various documents.

    Her office was at the uppermost of the 80 floor extraordinary glass building. No one dared to appear in the CEO's office as if it was the law,  most of her employees went only if they were given permission or was ordered to.

    They were all in fear of accidentally disturbing their CEO knowing how much of a workaholic she is. She is also very short tempered but mostly contains herself when it's all about work.

    A hefty black marble name plaque settled near the end of the chocolate brown polished desk. A pile of countless stapled papers stacked on top of each other neatly, patiently waiting to be seen.

    A black wooden bookshelf congested with hard covered books tucked in the corner alongside of her desk. The massive wall of windows installed perfectly behind Engfa's seat where she can just rotate and find an incredible view.

    She was bound to flip another page on one of the documents when

"You should shorten the break hours! No wonder why their lacking, they get so lazy after spending so much free time for themselves!" roared her mom bursting into Engfa's office.

    "I'm so sorry Ms. Waraha I couldn't keep her out, she demanded and threatened to fire me" one of the security guards in a white uniform spoke in a shaky voice that was attempting to catch his breath.

    "Don't let it happen ever again" said Engfa in her deathly cold tone dismissing the security guard.

The startled security guard bowed to show a sign of respect towards his CEO afterwards he dashed out shutting the door close leaving Engfa and her mother alone.

    "Teach your employees some manners will you? They treated me like I was a thief paying you a visit than the owner of this company!" her mother snapped.

    "What do you want?" she said annoyed because of how her own mother disrupted her.

"Were going to London with your sister for a month or so..."

    "WHAT?" she yelled angrily while she stood up slamming both her palms on the desk making a powerful thud that shook and scrambled up all of her belongings.

    "It's work related Engfa but it's also having a vacation after a long period of time" her mom said in a calm voice.

    "I have events to attend to than going on that idiotic vacation of yours"

"No worries, I already made phone calls and switched up all of your schedules."

    Engfa stood there in silence because of how frustrated she is.

"Pack your belongings were leaving in 2 days, we are building a partnership with another law enterprise overseas" her mom said exiting out her office.

    Engfa was still currently in the same upright position she has been ever since her mom abandoned her in the office. Anger was still currently building up inside her bit by bit.

Her mom knows how much Engfa despises anything that's not about her work or her close friends. Engfa also can't stand when others does her job for her ESPECIALLY when it's her mom who thinks it's for the better when it isn't.

    She couldn't stand re thinking of what conversation has just happened so she gone out the building receiving multiple bows from her employees showing their respect but then unexpectedly reporters surged out of nowhere.

"What law firm are you partnering up with abroad" one spoke aggressively.

"Which country are you heading to?" another shouted while shoving a small microphone towards her face.

The security guards immediately formed a barrier around Engfa to make a pathway for her to locate her car. The reporters shoved their cameras and recorders against Engfa requesting for answers.
"Oh how I hate my mom for this" she bitterly thought to herself.

She lastly reached her black luster Ferrari F8 Tributo and proceeded inside.

     She started the engine whereas the reporters  remained at the edges of the pavement behind the solid barricade of security guards

She started the engine whereas the reporters remained at the edges of the pavement behind the solid barricade of security guards. Engfa accelerated off deserting the great crowd of interviewers.

Knowing that she couldn't back out of this time off with her mother, who she disliked very much due to her announcing to the public a event which she has not agreed on.