Chapter Five | Drink Stains

-5 minutes before the incident-

Charlotte's POV:

"Ma'am what drink would you like for me to purchase for you?" asked my assistant.

"Actually I would rather order myself, is it fine if you could just stick around here in the car instead?" I responded.

"Are you sure you're going to be just fine Miss Austin?"

"Don't worry about me, i'll be back in a jiff!" I stated as I recognized how worried my assistant was for me.

I dragged my handbag filled with my belongings on my left hand whilst I pulled myself out of the soft seat. Both of my feet landed on the newly paved parking lot just as I closed the door shut hearing the noisy highway behind me. Oh how I miss this city.

   I moved forwards to the milk tea cafe realizing this was where the falling apart abandoned house used to stand. This was the place where me and Heidi would always pass whenever we would skip to school hand in hand anxiously wanting to see our middle school crushes. Time flies and it sucks how we have to accept that.

I sprung back to reality noticing I was daydreaming when I was entering the cafe when instantaneously I accidentally rammed into someones shoulder. Or was it their fault? My eyes moved immediately onto them and was about to bow down to apologize as a reflex, when my mind eventually registered that I had just laid my eyes upon the most attractive woman ever and I couldn't remove my eyes away from her gaze.

"Watch where your going." she said in the most sharp stabbing tone I've ever heard that it sent chills all throughout my body. I was in shock of how heartless that woman is as soon as I was just about to apologize. I guess not all good looking people have good personalities huh?

"Excuse you!" I shot back staring at her in disgust as if it was my fault when she was all focused on her phone and not being careful of where she was heading to. She exited out of the cafe probably because she was too embarrassed to be acting like that in public.
  Eventually after her putting an act blaming that accident on me I detected brown liquid stains on my FAVORITE WHITE BLOUSE. I can't believe it! Ugh how I hate irresponsible people especially the ones that pretends to be the victim. I dismissed it putting on an act like nothing happened.

I paced myself directed at the register to order my prolonged drink I overheard murmuring from many groups of girls gathered in different table.

"That woman with the white shirt was so rude" one girl whispered

"The nerve of that woman for being so rude to the CEO"

"How could she..." said another.

I felt the weigh of the whole cafe was glaring at me for some reason even if I accidentally didn't mean to bump onto her. Plus that woman wasn't even paying attention at all! How dare her act that way after she spilled her drink all over me. This day is just the greatest isn't it!

I ordered my drink as quickly as I could eager to leave this place. All thanks to that one person everyone in the cafe had their eyes on me and witnessed the whole scene. As soon as I heard one of the employees call out my drink name I bolted out with the splotches of light brown stains nested upon my long white sleeve and collar. I caught my sight of my white Mercedes and didn't hesitate once to step inside and slam the door shut.

"Are you okay Miss Austin?" concerned my assistant while turning to simply look at my out of breathe self.

"Doing just great" I spoke sarcastically

"What happened to your shirt Miss Austin?" my assistant started to worry

"Just a black haired woman wearing a black suit running into me without apologizing for her actions" I rolled my eyes

"I think I saw her, did she have a slicked back hair?"

"Yes, her."

"That's Engfa Waraha a famous celebrity out here she also owns a company" my assistant replied while her jaw was dropping.

"What a scumbag. She really let fame overtake her manners" I huffed.

"She also-"

"Please just take me home, I have had quite enough for today" I requested cutting her off before she goes on about that rude so called celebrity.

"Yes Miss Austin." she replied slowly turning to face the windshield.

The driver proceeded driving to my house whilst I silently sat loosing my appetite for Pad thai and not craving my milk tea after from that exhausting trip. This has to be the worst short vacation I have ever been on. I'm quite curious about the urgent family dinner, why now? Whatever, all I need at this moment is my cozy bed and huge blankets go wrap around my body.

   Ugh I feel groggy now, I should've just stayed home and slept to pass my jet lag then none of this would have happened.