Chapter Eighteen | A Player's Struggle

Engfa's POV:

       "What was that little 'addition' you two made towards the end of the photography session, huh?" my penthouse's entrance door was firmly shut by Pichy from the inside.

"She almost fell off Pichy, what else was I supposed to do??" replying with the same tone she used

        "Watch her injure herself so foolishly, the fuck??"

"Why are we even arguing about this in the first place?"

       "Because in this first year I've been your girlfriend, you have never even looked at me that way!" she cried out

I'll admit that staring at Charlotte made me feel emotions I've never felt previously, but I mentally brushed that idea aside.

"I don't have time for this right now, I have somewhere to be" I cut off our conversation and made my way to my bedroom.

   I completely changed into a much more suitable dining outfit. I slipped into a pair of similar black wide-fit tailored slacks and a custom-made black dress shirt from Thailand. I also properly assembled my black Prada tie around my neck and rolled up both of my sleeves twice to showcase my brand-new silver Rolex watch.

Charlotte's hazel eyes were staring intently at mine earlier, and I can't even articulate to myself what I was feeling. But since my current girlfriend was observing from a distance, I decided to release and ditch her because of how I felt quite embarrassed from the position we were in.

  When she landed on my grasp in the storage room the other day, I secretly experienced the same emotions. My lack of feelings for my partner and my player self's desire for other women are likely the causes of how I'm acting right now.

I absolutely must end things with Pichy before matters worsen, especially when other stunning foreign girls are passing through town. I ought to meet up with my friends to express my thoughts, but surprise surprise, Mr. Austin reminded me that he had arranged a table for us so we could spend some time "getting to know one other." In all honesty, Charlotte's father comes off as much more likeable than she does.

  I'm expecting that this supper will be a fair bit better than tonight's argument with Pichy. I left my bedroom with the same slicked hairstyle exactly like this morning. I did not imply anything else as I passed Pichy in case she started ranting again.

  I sensed a tug on my right arm right away, as I stepped on the clean doormat to leave. Unwittingly, my body twisted around, and a set of lips contacted mine. I pulled away as rapidly as I could whilst my face was showing disbelief.

Not knowing what else to say, so I hurried away while acting as though I did not have enough time to respond, leaving Pichy behind inside my condo.

I immediately drove my Lamborghini away, which was parked in the building's underground lot, to the restaurant as I felt a little uneasy about the present situation.

After 15 minutes had elapsed and part of my thoughts had been settled, I neatly parked my vehicle and got prepared to head out.  A woman approached me while clutching a black menu after I entered the premises through a glass entryway that a doormen kept handling.

"Miss Engfa Waraha?" she questioned

"Yes, indeed" I replied

She escorted me into a crowded area where guests were dining at white tablecloths and dressed elegantly. She bowed and left the two of us alone after stopping next to a table beside a window where Charlotte was using her phone. Shortly Charlotte looked up from her phone, I began to seat myself. The younger woman had a slight grin on her lips and was dressed in a high-slit, backless, silky white dress. Her rosy cheeks were poised on her face, and her natural chocolate brown hair fell flawlessly past her shoulders.

"So did you purposely asked your dad to book us dinner so you could see me again?" I smirked

"Why would I? I should have asked him to arrange you a flight back to Thailand instead because of how I've had enough of you already" She retaliated.

"Oh, so you did make a request just to see me again"

"I'd rather die" her eyes rolled

Within a short while of our conversation, a waitress reached our table in a white uniform shirt with a black apron over her outfit.  Her hair was properly pulled back behind her, and she smiled brightly. She enthusiastically collected our orders and afterwards rushed to the cooks to deliver them.

"You interested in her?" Charlotte teased at the fact my eyes followed the waitress until she was out of sight

"Why, are you jealous?"

"No, I just thought you were dating someone" she seemed genuinely concerned for Pichy

"Well about that, it's...personal matters" I nearly spewed out about the situation, but I strongly reminded myself that she was just a complete stranger who is not at all worth speaking about my private issues

"So not only are you an outrageously rude and cocky person, your also a player" the younger woman stated out loud

I chuckled, "You also forgot to mentally note down that I'm awfully good looking"

She scoffed and turned away from me fiddling with a silver fork on the table. The noise from others speaking overcame the silence between us so I decided to take a photo of the restaurant's beautiful interior to entertain myself.

—————————————————————————

The waitress from earlier came back with delicious smelling filled plates and placed them in front of us, and left once again to let us enjoy our food peacefully. We both ate in silence, enjoying our own dishes. Once after I finished mine up I leaned back in my seat and downed a cupful of wine. 

I refilled my wine glass more than once, it made feel great each time it goes through my system with little effort, I somehow feel relaxed more than ever. 

      "Easy on the wine" Charlotte noticed me gulping down my third filled cup 

"Make me..." smirking at her in response 

      "Whatever, excuse me while I head to the ladie's restroom" the younger woman stood up from the cushioned grey seat and grasped onto a black purse, making her way past the kitchen.

  I was planning to fill up another glass when a woman who appeared to be quite familiar suddenly came bursting through the front entrance, is that who I think it is?

Author's Note:

Please choose a number which is one or two and comment it down, it will help me choose an ending for this book! Either may be bad or good, choose wisely 😁