Chapter Fifteen | Stuck with You

Charlotte's POV:

"Riiingg, riiingg, ringgg" the aggravating vibrant noise rung from my cellular phone. I hunted it down with my hand on the flat surface of my bedside table. Grasping my bothersome device, I shoved it closer to have a better view of the reason why for this irritating ringing this early morning. Moderately lifting my weighty eyelids, "Assistant" in a bold font appeared on my iphone screen. Hesitantly, I pressed on the green answer button wondering what my schedule will be like this day.

"Miss Austin, your father instructed me to awaken and lead you to the AL office downtown this morning " my assistant kindly reminded me.

"Right now???" I complained regardless of the fact that she was my personal assistant. It was 7 in the morning, not even the birds awoken but here I am. Supposedly, it's the weekend where I should be relaxing and sleeping in but not until my father required for me to do this pointless tour for this ignorant person. Why me and why right now!?

"Yes ma'am, I'm awaiting for you in the car with the driver. Please have a nutritious breakfast Miss Austin" she ended the call signaling that I should get a move on and clothe myself.

Arousing from the depths of my snuggly comforters, I released one of the most extensive yawn ever from only having a numbered of hours of sleep last night. Unhurriedly I proceeded into my walk in closet and slipped into a coal black mini skirt with a slit exposing half of my thigh, a black turtle neck for a more casual style, pitch dark Alexander Mcqueen's platform butterfly sandals and lastly, I draped my favorite inky blazer on my shoulder blades to equalize the formal and casualness of today's outfit. Accessorizing myself with my preferred silver jewelry afterwards, I carried on to add a thin layer of makeup onto my bare face to lighten up my mood.

Once I have arrived in my kitchen, I greeted my housemaids good morning with a cheerful expression emerging on my face. I treated them all with great respect because of how they were my good-natured companions, they felt like a big family to me since I had no siblings growing up. They had already prepared my breakfast, which specifically is Greek yogurt with mixed fruit and a bit of granola and a cupful of orange juice which has been involved in my childhood daily snacks ever since.

Consuming what they had put together for me in my own pace when all of a sudden a text message from my dad popped up on the front of my lock screen. Tentatively, I read the message he had sent me.
———————————————————————————

———————————————————————————Ughhh can't this tour be delayed since it's not like we have to work today

Ughhh can't this tour be delayed since it's not like we have to work today. I'm completely wasting my time, but if it wasn't for my father threatening to remove my title of the company during the eventful dinner, I would have just let her wait for me while I sleep in. I replied with an all lowercase 'ok' to hint that it's most definitely not okay. I love my father very much but this has to be one of his worst ideas yet. One of the housekeepers fetched my dark leather Prada handbag to coordinate with my attire. Dragging myself out of the house as I secured my phone inside my shoulder bag.