Chapter Sixteen | Red Wine's Effect

Engfa's POV:

I caught onto Charlotte mumbling a cuss word, perceiving that something must've gone wrong. She searched each pocket of her clothing hurriedly, a sign of defeat she expressed eventually indicating that she had no luck of discovering on what she had expected to find.

"Could you maybe call an assistant of yours to unlock us out of here?" she requested in an unsure manner

   "Asking for a helping hand now, are you?" I snickered at her question

   "Well nothing else could be done to get us out of here" she reasoned

Collecting my mobile phone out of my trouser pocket accomplishing her order. Immediately once I held it on the flat surface of my palm, the battery expired straight away as if it was all part of my phone's plan to create today even worse.

Fuck. How the hell am I suppose to break this news to her?  This woman has been already providing me a splitting headache.

  She observed that my device screen was dead and exhaled out frustratingly. Charlotte starts pacing back and forth in the fore of the shut entrance along with furrowed brows, I couldn't tell whether if she was constructing a method to escape this room or to progressively make my day even more dreadful.

The both of us stranded in this sealed storage area when all we could do was hope, the quietness overflowed the capacity as we occurred on the opposite sides of the room.

Assuming that Charlotte had received an idea after constantly striding around her space, she wandered over to the cupboards aside from where I remained, rummaging through it completely.

I watched her in confusion as the younger woman withdraw a one of a kind Romanee-Conti red wine, with it she also pulled out one delicate wine glass to have somewhere to drink out of. Concluding that her father must have accidentally abandoned and has forgotten about his pricey wine after some time.

  Charlotte carried on unraveling the wooden cork with her bare hands, unbothered by the fact I still existed beside her. The wine bursted out of the bottle once the cork has uninhabited it, leaving an aperture at the rim. She indulged 3 cupfuls of wine without wasting any time.

After a few minutes passed by, the grape beverage gradually controlled her capability of how she acted. She began blabbing out nonsense then started to converse with me for an unknown reason.

  "You know what, your good looking but that ONE time you decided to destroy my shirt ruins it" she complained in a tipsy manner

"If you were paying attention who you were running into, then that would have never had happened" I suggested

She deliberately approached me attaining to keep her balance, then pressed heavily with her index finger at my chest.

   "It was all your fault, this will never had happen if you didn't show up" she groaned

"You think I would have wanted to be here?" responding to her drunken antics

Observing her position the wine glass onto one of the flat surfaces on the steel rack but as soon as she began reeling her arm back she accidentally impacted the shelf causing for a plastic crate to be knocked off.

Instinctively I hauled the both of us in a great distant away from the descending solid container, tugging a single hand of hers towards me that was within my reach.

Our eyes encountered one another, losing track of the incident that occurred. Her intoxicated dazzling hazel pupils gazed at me, Charlotte's rosy lips that were apart from each other expressing her shock that came from the unexpectedness of the situation.