Chapter Seventeen | Vogue Magazine

Charlotte's POV:

The pounding of my head disappeared as I adjusted to the beaming light shining from the window. I woke up in Heidi's couch puzzled on how I got here, forcing to replay my lost memories. Still having no idea on what happened, I continued to Heidi's kitchen searching for a mug of some sort.

Finding a thick coffee cup gathered together in a cupboard, I carefully placed it under the coffee machine anticipating to consume something warm. Roberta made her way into the kitchen with a tangled hair and deep eye bags underneath her eyes. Confusion swarmed me during when she brung herself to me.

"What happened to you?" questioning her appearance

"Heidi kept kicking and pushing me off the bed in her sleep all last night and there was nowhere else to sleep on except her dirty carpet"

"Thank god I got placed on the couch to sleep that night, because personally I wouldn't have let her keep kicking me like that" poking fun of her decision

Soon after I made fun of Roberta, Heidi showed up; she had less disheveled bed hair than the victim. Before we all got prepared for work, we made the decision to hastily enjoy breakfast together. My assistant informed me via text message that she would pick me up from outside Heidi's residence.

   We quickly separated after applying cosmetics to ourselves. Instead of using one of my other black cars for today, my driver brought over my silver Lexus. We had just passed my office, which I reluctantly realized as we kept going. In a perplexed tone, I asked my assistant what was occurring on today.

"Today ma'am in your schedule it says that you have a photo shoot for vogue with Miss Waraha"

I exhaled a sigh, not wanting to deal with her once more. Embracing my terrible fate in the hopes of finishing this quickly.

  I arrived a short while later after we had continuously driven by buildings I was unfamiliar with. My secretary and I entered the doors of a sophisticated commercial building that was directly in front of us. The kind receptionists greeted us with a quick bow as immediately they spotted us and instantly recognized me. They were behind the sleek white marble counter in matching black and white outfits.

A bodyguard without an emotion reached us from a gold and silver-plated lift and began guiding us through a maze of halls till we reached at a blank spacious photography studio. Once I approached, Engfa and her girlfriend remained calmly right next to each other, breaking eye contact and turned to face me. But just as they were about to lose sight of me, a man in a feminine outfit approached us. He had middle-parted brunette hair that was curly, and his accent was British and high pitched.

   "Ladies, my name is Folke, and I'm the head stylist and cosmetics artist" he introduced himself

"Follow me this way" Folke stated to us two while he led the way to a white room with numerous hanging garment on silver racks and the plain walls equipped with countless vanity mirrors.

   She left her partner behind at the studio to prepare for the magazine shooting. I was personally welcomed by two short-haired women, who seated me in a revolving chair. As for Engfa, Folke brought her to three squealing women to allow her on creating a decision for her attire. The older woman emerged from the changing room, that was halfway across the room wearing a specially designed white polo dress shirt, midway through my makeup look that was being applied onto my soft skin.

  Her combed back hairstyle caused a few strands to dangle beside her eyes, three were unbuttoned from her formal shirt displaying her gleaming skin and she rolled the sleeves down to her wrist. I don't know what has gotten into me to keep all of my attention on her for so long. She must have noticed that I was staring right at her when she asked me a question.