1| Rise and shine, hedgehog

I look at my certificate files which the old man from the past seven minutes was analysing at, he perches up his glasses on his nose and stares at my university memo

Finally after agonising ten minutes, he closes my file and looks up at me, removing his glasses.

I sit up on my chair, excited to hear the world famous dialogue, 'I am sorry you do not have the experience to work with our company cause we want seventy years of experience and a person who is bankrupt'

"Ms Sakina," he address me, sliding my file towards me.

"I have acknowledged that you were a great student in your department, especially with your score in creative writing, and the other writing courses you've done after your graduation, commendable, I have to say," he nods, giving me a polite smile.

I give him a tight lipped smile in return, knowing exactly what his next words are going to be,

You don't have enough experience, weakling.

"You are hired."

I grab my file and secure it in on the crook of my arm, ready to leave, I stand up from the shiny leather chair smiling at him.

"Thank you- wait what?" His words register in my brain and I stare at him in shock, "Did you just said hired?"

He nods, giving me a confused look, "Absolutely yes, we wouldn't want to waste a young talent."

I stare at him with my open mouth, I sit down on the chair again, "You...you really want to hire me?"

"Yes, we do, why would we not?" He frowns.

"No, I mean," I chuckle nervously, "Am I not experienced enough?"

He smiles, leaning back on his chair, "That's the catch, our company wants new talent, and what's better than hiring young generation who's freshly graduated, this is all the experience you need."

I blink at him, still shocked. Closing my mouth, I try to soak it in, I am hired? As in no more unemployed? I am going to work?

I am going to earn?

"Sorry, that was really shocking for me after so many rejections, I apologise." I nervously grin at him, trying very hard to contain my excitement.

"It's all right, I understand, we all have been there once." He says with a smile.

"So when do I start?" I ask excitedly.

"It's Thursday today, so let's start from a fresh Monday? Today I will introduce you to the HR of your department, and she will explain you about your work, your working hours, your salary and every other requirement." He stands up from his seat, "If you may," He gestures to the door.

I look at him confused but then remember his words and stand up in a haste, "Right, after you, sir."

God, pull yourself together hedgehog, you are employed now.