22| Prying eyes

There were two roses found in my purse

One red and one white.

Both of them tied together by a note with a familiar neat scrawl on it.

Just so you know, I have both the rights.

He must've dropped this when he scares me every morning after dropping my breakfast on my table.

I take out the note with the intention of trampling it and throwing in the bin but I smooth it out and place it my bag instead.

Whenever I see Doruk's blue eyes, I see a sense of comfort in them, like home.

That's why whenever he tries his tactics after I shut him down, I am roped towards him naturally. The comfort calls me.

Sometimes, I want to forget everything and fall in that comfort.

But then I remember my past and forget any idea that comes up in my mind.

It's been years and I don't think I will be able to forget it so easily.

Shaking my head, I take out my hair clutch from my bag and tie my whole hairs in a bun. No rubber bands stay in my hairs except these clutches.

I place those two roses in the vase of fresh flowers which Juvee brings in every three days for her and mine desk.

I make my way towards Juvee's cubicle and tap on her shoulder seeing her engrossed in something on her laptop.

"Busy?" I ask taking a seat on the edge of the chair handle.

Juvee shows me the laptop screen, "No, I am just putting up an ad."

I skim through the contents of the advertisement she wrote. "Roommate required? Don't you already have one?"

Juvee shakes her head as she types in her information details below. "She thought it would be a good idea to move to Mexico with her boyfriend."

"Mexico huh?" I chuckle. "Even my old roommate left to live with 'the love of her life'. Ridiculous." I scoff.

Juvee looks at me. "What about the lease?"

I shrug, "We both signed for a two year lease. Just five months were left for it to complete, she paid all of her rent and went off."

"So you live alone?" Juvee asks as if it's the most ridiculous thing. "Why didn't you told me about it?"

I smack her head. "I told you. Your butterfly brain couldn't remember that."

She pouts rubbing the spot where I hit. Her eyes lit with an idea and she grabs my hand. "Why don't you shift with me? We could come to the office together and my house is so much near the office, we could walk together, Sakina!"

"Walking sounds dealbreaker." I say and she smacks my arm. "What's the rent, anyway?"

She shows me the article she typed out. "The rent of the whole apartment is fourteen thousand liras. So seven yours and seven mine."