6| What changed

You don't leave people behind who once held importance in your life

Fate finds a way to bring them back.

For good or bad, only time can tell.

I stare through the transparent walls of his office seated from my new desk and chair.

Finally I have somewhere to sit other than the kitchen bench or Juvee's cubicle.

The fact that he managed to infuriate me and defend my rights at the matter of five minutes have left me baffled.

If I thought Doruk wearing a tux was hot, then the vision of him working on his computer with glasses on is something else.

I chew the end of a pencil as I stare at him, it's been five years since I last saw him. And boy did he got more hotter?

I pause and look back at my desk. Did I just say Doruk and hot in a same sentence?

I grimace at the chewed pencil and turn to my right, only to get startled seeing his eyes directed on me now.

His index and middle fingers rests on his lips as he stares me through the glass.

Throwing away the pencil in my hand, I wipe my palms on my jeans, breaking the eye contact with him.

Two seconds later, when I look at him again, he hasn't removed his eyes from me. A smile forms behind his fingers and then he lifts his two fingers and curls them towards him.

I gape back in my chair and look around. Did anybody else saw that?

When I look back at him he does that thing again and anger coerces in my veins. Who does he think he is to beckon me like that?

Reminding myself that he will be the one to sign my check, I get up from my chair, pick up a diary and a pen and smooth my blouse, I push my hair back before going to knock on his office door.

"You called, Sir?"

He smiles, "Yes I did, please come in, Ms. Sakina."

Taking a breath, I walk inside, stopping in front of his desk.

"Yes."

"You seemed awfully free, so I thought why don't we discuss your role as my assistant." He takes off his glasses and folds it, keeping it on his desk.

I narrow my eyes, "Why did you do that?"

He raises his eyebrows, "Is that a way to talk to your boss?"

"Sorry, let me rephrase that, why did you do that, Sir?" I fold my hands across my chest.

He laughs, "God, I missed you."

That shouldn't have made my traitorous insides flutter.

It's over now. Remember that.

I school my expression and look at his desk, "Any work for me here?"