9| Shocks

"I am already so mad we couldn't meet last week

"I am already so mad we couldn't meet last week." Safa's voice huffs through the phone speaker.

I chuckle, "It's okay, we can meet this week."

"Today? Today then." She confirms on her own.

"I am at office, safa." I remind her.

"Then after your work hours? I am not hearing your excuses. Come on, we live in different cities now, you and Ayesha can meet all the time, and what about me? I am alone. Even Sania left for London."

She is right, as we grew more, became adults and all, our weekly meetings got shortened to monthly and then yearly.

Me and Ayesha meet occasionally since we are in the same city, but Safa and Sania? Yes, I do miss them, a lot.

It's been almost a year since Sania shifted permanently to London, and since Safa started her own business, her trips to Istanbul also reduced.

"Alright, you win." I chuckle, sitting on my table with my coffee. "Tell me when and where."

"That's more like it." She squeals, "Right now I am going to see my brother in his office."

"Oh okay." I reply.

And I pause.

I look at my right to see her brother in a meeting with the finance team in his cabin.

"Ah I um oh wow." I blabber.

"What was that? Anyway, I am going to his office right now and then I will pick you from yours. Send me your location."

"Are you here already?" I ask standing from my seat, Juvee looks up at me from her cubicle.

"At my brother's office, yes." She replies, "Alright babes, talk to you later."

Before I could reply anything, she hangs up the call.

I scramble to feet and run towards Juvee.

"What are you—"

I hide below her desk. "If someone asks for me, I don't exist."

"Sakina?" She blinks, "What are you doing?"

"Uh, meditating." I reply folding my legs, "It's good for brain stimulation."

Juvee looks at me and nods, "Alright. As you wish. Should I get you something?"

I hear the distant sound of elevator, "Yes, if a glamorous lady walks in and asks for Mr. Dorok's assistant, tell them he's busy in a meeting and it will last for two hours."

"But the meeting got over." She replies simply.

"No it didn't."

I look over my shoulder to see the finance team walking out of his cabin.