7| Plans

Doors being closed on your face always means you are not welcome

Either from someone's home or life.

The moment she closes the metal gate on my face, I think of all the moments which led me here.

Lead us here.

Was there any us? Or was it just my delusion?

Whenever I mention our past, rage forms on the edges of her eyes along with a hint of sadness.

Rage, I understand.

But the sadness? Rage fills in me just at the thought that I am the cause of it.

I walk back to my car, scanning the dingy neighbourhood she lives. I couldn't help but glare at the group of old men gawking at a woman who walks past them.

How can she live here?

I take out the baratte from my pocket and hold it in my hand.

If I can't understand her sadness, then why am I hung on a hair clip? As if it's going to answer questions.

Shaking my head I place the clip on the cup holder as I sit in my car.

Now that she is back in my life, I don't plan to make my old mistakes.

*****

I tap the side of my laptop as I stare at the e-mail she send me about a client and a schedule for the meeting.

I have to say, Sakina Safi is good at her work.

Knowing whatever I say will rile her up, I type out as a reply,

From: Doruk Arsel
To: Sakina Safi
Subject: Schedule for this week

Thank you for your efforts sweetheart <3

I laugh as I hit it send.

One of the many things Sakina hates are words of endearments.

She cringes whenever couples use it. So what is a better way to rile her up?

A new e-mail alerts on my notifications and I open it,

From: Sakina Safi
To: Doruk Arsel
Subject: Schedule for this week

I'd really appreciate if you take your job as a boss seriously rather than being a child.

From: Doruk Arsel
To: Sakina Safi
Subject: Schedule for this week

I sure do make a cute child, no?

From: Sakina Safi
To: Doruk Arsel
Subject: Schedule for this week

No.

From: Doruk Arsel
To: Sakina Safi
Subject: Schedule for this week