24| Humble abode

Humble?

Humble?

This apartment is anything but humble.

This looks straight out of an IKEA magazine which we used to get with newspapers once in a month.

The first thought as I step in was that his single apartment could fit a ten of mine altogether. And if a space is left, that would take up the landlady's house.

Doruk takes his and my coat from my hand and hangs it in a coat hanger closet beside the door.

"Come on." He drags me inside as I remove my shoes.

I almost worry about my little blue flowers socks being on display but I quickly forget about that as he brings me to the living room.

I had to blink couple of times to adjust to the brightness from the large panoramic windows which entirely took one side of the living room.

I walk towards those windows and my mouth hangs open as I take in the beautiful view of the sea below.

The bosphorous bridge looks so close from up here, I feel like I could jump from here.

The late afternoon sun glistens on the blue water, making the blue water appear so soothing.

The boats and ferries floating above the sea, the cars going on the bridge appears so small from here.

I look around the sea and the brick colour of various houses along the red Turkey flag from many rooftops, even a part of Galata tower is visible from here.

"How do you have a heart of leaving your house everyday when you have this view?" I stumble back as I realise the height I am on.

Doruk grabs my elbow. "Woah. Looks like you have the height fear now."

I blink back couple of times to wash away the dizziness and turn around. "Maybe now."

"Alright, alright." He guides me to sit on a dark blue L-shaped couch and puts pressure on my shoulders so I lean back on the cotton candy of the cushions of the couch.

He goes somewhere back and I look at the almost resembling cinema hall theatre of a television hung on the opposite wall, which had a exquisite golden backdrop.

Why are rich people so extra?

"Here." Doruk comes by side and gives me a glass of water with a slice of lemon in it. "You must be dehydrated. Lemon helps."

"Thanks." I take the water from him and take a sip of it, relishing the cold water soothing my throat.

"Good?" He asks sitting beside me.

I nod. "Better."

He folds his legs up and leans back to sit comfortably on the couch, whereas, me? I sit on the edge of the couch, afraid I might pull a thread or leave some stains.