19| Red day

"I think it's too much

"I think it's too much." I say looking at my makeup through the front camera of my phone.

"If you are wearing a red dress, no red lipstick is too much." Juvee says setting her makeup with the sponge of the compact powder.

"Wow. That sounds so bougie." I say. "But I think nude shades suits me the best."

Juvee snaps the compact close, "Hush. No lipstick slander is accepted here."

"I am just saying I think I applied it a little too much." I say looking at my reflection on my phone screen.

Juvee snatches my phone. "Stop. You are overthinking."

"I am not." I say looking outside the taxi's window.

"Ah uh." Juvee chuckles, "So you are not wondering what someone will think about you?"

I look at her, giving her a plain look, "Do I look like someone who dresses to impress?"

She scrunches her nose, "No. but today is special."

"Uh." I place my hands on my ears, earning a look from our taxi driver, "Please don't start with the white and red roses talks."

Juvee laughs. "I won't. But just so you know, you are going to expect a whole red vomit today."

"Ah the glorious day of overdosing red." I point at my red dress, "Oh look I am also wearing one, where has my life lead to?"

Juvee points at her red off the shoulder silk dress under her coat, "I am wearing one too, symbolising the colour of love while going to the event on the day of love."

I place my hand on my chest, "That's making me nauseated. Stop."

Juvee purses her lips, suppressing her laugh, "Remember you were the one behind this whole launch idea." She looks ahead, "Abi, you can stop by left side ahead."

We get off the taxi and reach the event venue. After paying the driver, we go inside the building and hand over our coats to the reception.

"You could say I wasn't really thinking about so much red." I answer to her previous statement as we step inside the hall.

"Oh wow." Juvee whispers in a daze, looking at the red decorations. "Looks like everyone is going to fall in love here."

"Highly doubtful." I say eyeing the riches, who kept filling the hall, everyone buzzing with fake laughs and power hungry eyes.

These people know only business, not love.

"Let's stand over there." Juvee points at a table near the appetisers table.

"Nice spot." I say picking up one strawberry covered in chocolate from a tray which had a dusting of red glitter on it.

I pass Juvee one and she takes small bite of the strawberry unlike me who just gobbled up a whole strawberry in one go.