23| Gold

"Welcome, Doruk!" Selvi smiles widely as she spots me entering her office

"Good to see you again, Selvi." I say as she wraps her arms around my shoulders with such a force that I almost stumble back.

I chuckle and pat her back, watching Sakina give her a judging look and muttering something under her breath.

Selvi moves back and looks at me from top to bottom. "Don't you look handsome today!"

I grin. "That's what I asked Ms. Sakina today, and she said she beg to differ my looks."

Sakina pins me with a look which screams that she's scheming my murder in her mind.

Selvi purses her lips and glances at Sakina. "Well, I don't expect her to have taste."

Before I could defend her, Sakina opens her mouth.

"Oh I do have a taste. Which is why I could easily differ between fake and real." She points at Selvi and me. "And good or bad."

Selvi folds her arms across her chest. "I don't remember the part where I asked an extra company with Doruk."

Sakina looks around in mock confusion. "And there isn't."

I bite my lips from breaking out in a snort. I clear my throat instead. "Your office really looks pretty, by the way."

Selvi shifts her attention to me. That's what she always wants attention. And when she gets the attention she needs, milking information out of her is a mundane task. It's a plus that she is extremely nosy and loves to eavesdrop on people's conversations.

In the world my father introduced me to, there is no such thing called 'friendships' it's all an power play. Who climbs the pyramid first.

No one looks out for the other. You are on your own. Either you step on them or find your way. Nothing in between.

"Thank you. I had Daddy renovated it two months ago." She points at the white and silver interior of her office. "Just look at it. White and Silver match to my star sign so well and they plan me success in every step."

"Looks like a mental hospital room." Sakina mutters under her breath.

"How about we discuss about the final marketing strategies and launch dates?" I ask moving to sit on the chairs.

Before Selvi could take the seat beside mine, Sakina very conveniently takes that place and gives her a smile. "Please, Ms. Selvi, take your seat." She points at her leather chair across the glass desk.

Selvi gives her a tight lipped smile and takes her seat, her assistant standing next to her.

"Since the designs have been approved and is in process of making, we can discuss the marketing strategies." I say opening my laptop which had an AI generated designs of the collection.