2| Mr. CEO

"I will be there tomorrow

"I will be there tomorrow." I say to my dad on the phone as I walk outside the exit of the hotel where I stayed for the past five days.

"You better, I don't wish to stress over a bunch of people anymore." He grumbles.

I chuckle walking towards my taxi, in which my luggage was being loaded in.

"Who doesn't enjoy being a boss?"

"Me." He says flatly.

"Of course." I chuckle getting in the car.

"Arzu says we need to do a ceremony where I announce it officially, what am I queen Elizabeth?"

I laugh loudly shaking my head. "Of course not, couldn't be so sure about the queen part."

"Anyway." I could feel him shaking his head, "What would be the right time for the ceremony?"

I think for a while, "How about Next Friday? Would it be enough for Arzu to plan everything out?"

"If she wants she could plan it in two hours." He says, "When will you visit me?"

"Tomorrow morning, I will be going to my apartment from the airport."

"Fine, see you tomorrow." He hangs up the call and I stare at the blank screen. My father could barely hold a two minute conversation with me.

Rubbing my eyes, I look out of the window, the blue waters of Mykonos shining under the glaring sun.

I slump down on my seat, already missing my vacation. And after dad's decision this might be my last stress free vacation.

On a rainy day four months back, my dad suffered a heart attack while he was attending a conference in Ankara, after recovering from it, he decided it was time to step down from his position and take a well deserved retirement.

So what about the company you ask?

Obviously my father decided to push me on his seat, making me youngest CEO of our jewellery brand company, Belkis Gold and Diamonds.

My great grandfather had started this company after his wife passed away, to keep forward her legacy of diamonds which she adored the most. After him, my grandfather took over and then my father who expanded our business adding more stones, and different types of golds other than just diamonds, but all in all our company is known for it's traditional diamond business.

I was prepared for this role, I knew one day I had to sit behind a desk and work on computer and papers but I didn't expected it to be so early. I mean I am just twenty seven. I still have to travel more, do more adrenaline pack activities, live my life like a wild youngster, and when I near thirties, then will I be taking the family business.

But when has life gone according to our plans?

So to celebrate my last few days as a reckless man, I took a month long vacation travelling to Italy, Dubai, Bali, Maldives and then Mykonos.