14| Dad talks

"Thank you for gracing me with your presence, your highness

"Thank you for gracing me with your presence, your highness." My dad grumbles as I step inside his home office.

I chuckle and walk towards him where he stood in front of the windows which showed the front lawn.

I shake my hand with his and he looks at me like he doesn't know what to do next. Leave it for my dad to be emotionless and sarcastic at the same time.

Moving towards the baroque couch in his office, I follow him and take a seat beside him.

"How is retirement going?" I ask patting his knee.

He gives me a plain look, "How is work going?"

I laugh, "Safe to say, we both want to exchange our positions, huh?"

Dad thinks for a while, "No."

I nod, "Yeah, me too."

"Heard of your new projects. Arzu showed me, it's nice."

'If Arzu didn't showed you, would you have complimented me on your own?' I wanted to ask.

I nod instead, "Thanks Dad."

"What happened with those two actors who fought on set?"

I close my eyes, shaking my head. "A lawsuit, of course, and because of them we couldn't shoot the ad for our Valentine's Day collection."

Dad raises an eyebrow, "But you became the hero, didn't you?"

I chuckle, "Not willingly."

"Hmm."

I look at him, "What is that supposed to mean?"

"You tell me that." He taps my knee, "Tell me why did you agreed for the shoot?"

I shrug, "Because of the dead line."

He narrows his eyes, "You sure about that?"

I hesitate before nodding. "Yeah, of course. Why?"

He shakes his head. "Nothing. Arzu wanted to talk to you about something."

"I will talk to her." I say looking out of the windows, "When is Safa leaving for Ankara?"

"In two days, that's why we have dinner tonight. Did you forget?"

I pinch my nose. Here I thought my father called me for a meeting with him.

"Ah no." I shake my head.

"You need to work on your lying skills." Dad says. "Anyway, tell me about the spring collection."

I raise my eyebrows, "You are not the boss anymore."

"I will always be your boss."

I chuckle, "That is true."