[ 3 ]: Respect them all, but I trust few

━━━━━━━━━━
┏━━━━ ➸➶➴ ━━━━┓
𝐒𝐀𝐋𝐕𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍
┗━━━━ ➸➶➴ ━━━━┛
━━━━━━━━━━
CHAPTER THREE | SEASON ONE
' Respect Them All, But I Trust Few '

━━━━━━━━━━┏━━━━ ➸➶➴ ━━━━┓ 𝐒𝐀𝐋𝐕𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍┗━━━━ ➸➶➴ ━━━━┛━━━━━━━━━━CHAPTER THREE | SEASON ONE' Respect Them All, But I Trust Few '

ˋ✧ ━━ •   ➳♡゛• ━━ ✧ˊ

* FIRST PERSON *

━━━━━ TWO WEEKS HAD passed since I became a new addition to this group of survivors. A very hot and long two weeks if you asked me and everybody else.

The weather was bipolar most days which was hard for me to get accustomed to because back in New York it was beginning to get cold and here in Atlanta, it's nothing but blazing hot.

Baths were needed every day and that meant I had to walk a long way down the hill to get to the water every day for one.

I'm not a lazy person, but my wound was still healing meaning at times I had random abdominal pains and aches rendering me immobile for a short amount of periods.

Not only that but my hair? Lori had to cut a bunch of chunks out of it leaving most of my hair uneven and weird looking from what I could see from the reflection of the water.

It was one of the reasons I kept it in a braid. I didn't even bother to try and style it anymore I just put it in a braid and went about my day.

Which included chores. Feminine chores which I hated. They included washing the dishes, doing the laundry at the quarry, Cleaning, skinning, deboning, and cooking meals.

Meanwhile, the men were depicted keeping watch at night, cleaning guns, canvassing the area, going out looking for resources, and of course making all the decisions for the group.

There was a lot of sexism and misogyny being spread around in this camp. Which if they had met me before everything went to shit I'd give them a piece of my mind. As if that would make any difference...

Most of the people in the group stayed to themselves and anyone hardly ever spoke to me.

Lori, who was busy on occasion checked up on me, and sometimes even spoke to me but she kept her distance as well.

Shane, on the other hand, was persistent in trying to teach me everything I needed to know but he was losing his patience.

I tried my best. But I couldn't push myself hard enough without breaking down in tears each time. He left me alone for a while after Lori told him I needed space and to back off a little.