[ 28 ]: My Damn Reckoning

━━━━━━━━━━
┏━━━━ ➸➶➴ ━━━━┓
𝐒𝐀𝐋𝐕𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍
┗━━━━ ➸➶➴ ━━━━┛
━━━━━━━━━━
CHAPTER : ' My Damn Reckoning... '
| SEASON TWO: EPISODE TWO |

 ' | SEASON TWO: EPISODE TWO |

ˋ✧ ━━ • ➳♡゛• ━━ ✧ˊ

Bloodletting

━━━━━ SHE COULDN'T GET IT OUT of her mind. Carl getting shot. The way his body just flung backward and hit the floor.

She was stuck in that place all over again. Watching everything play out. The way she panicked and froze. It was her wake-up call. It snapped her back into reality.

It made her realize that her choices weren't good ones, And that this side of her by any reckoning, I wasn't a particularly good one.

"I want rid of it." She quietly told Maggie who was busy brushing knots out of her wet hair.

It was taking the order woman longer than it would usually take one to do so, but Marie hardly tamed her hair so no surprise there.

Maggie's hand came to a stop, seeming to take in the information. "What?" She asked, confused, pulling back her hand that held the hairbrush.

Marie stared up ahead at nothing. Emotionless. The world was already making her cold. And with what happened to Carl... it was seemingly going to make her colder. "The baby." She answered, in a harsh tone.

"I don't want it." She spat out, Blinking back the tears beginning to form in her eyes. "I- can't have it..." She added looking down at her feet in shame.

"It'll get me killed..." She paused. "All of us killed."

"It's my damn Reckoning." She hissed out, breathing through her nose so she wouldn't cry.

Maggie looked down at her hands before she walked out and stood in front of Marie. A horrified look on her face as they meet eye to eye. "Do you even know what're saying right now?"

Marie looked her straight in the eyes and didn't blink. "You think I'm joking?" She asked, her think Spanish accent slipping through. "I don't want it!"

Maggie sighed, eyebrows now farrowed together in thought and pity. "How along are you?" She cautiously asked, tilting her head to look more carefully at Marie.

It was Marie's turn to sigh. "A couple of weeks or so. I'm not sure. Haven't been keeping up with dates much."

Maggie glanced her over once again, trying to hold back tears. She knew Marie was just scared and angry about Carl getting shot. She didn't actually mean anything she was saying.