[ 15 ]: Little effect on guilt

━━━━━━━━━━
┏━━━━ ➸➶➴ ━━━━┓
𝐒𝐀𝐋𝐕𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍
┗━━━━ ➸➶➴ ━━━━┛
━━━━━━━━━━
CHAPTER FIFTHTEEN: ' Little Effect On Guilt '
| SEASON ONE : EPISODE FIVE |
FILLER 3

━━━━━━━━━━┏━━━━ ➸➶➴ ━━━━┓ 𝐒𝐀𝐋𝐕𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍┗━━━━ ➸➶➴ ━━━━┛━━━━━━━━━━CHAPTER FIFTHTEEN: ' Little Effect On Guilt ' | SEASON ONE : EPISODE FIVE |FILLER 3

ˋ✧ ━━ •   ➳♡゛• ━━ ✧ˊ

* THIRD PERSON *

━━━━━ GUILT WAS EATING AWAY at Marie from the inside out. She couldn't sleep, or eat or could even think properly.

Not only that but she was constantly flinching and getting startled when someone would touch, speak or walk up to her.

And she apologized about a thousand times after she accidentally elbowed Rick in the gut when he tried to bring her something to eat.

He knew she hadn't meant it and told her it was alright but she couldn't help but feel guilty all over again.

She felt hopeless. Distracted. Destructive and like a burden. She had all of these people helping her and caring about her but all she did in return was make them worry about her even more.

"Time heals many things but has little effect on guilt." Dale told them another one of his many quotes.

It had been a few days since Amy and Jim died. A very long few days that she kept trying to erase from her mind because everybody wondered how long she would continue to grieve for.

A few hours after they had left Jim behind they drove upon a highway that had cars filled with decaying bodies that were once humans inside.

Not only that but the dozen or so cars were pressed head to butt making them have to turn back around and change their route because they simply couldn't just get past.

After that a heatwave seemed to hit Georgia making everything a little bit more complicated and difficult for all of them because Dale's RV had decided to break down once more.

"She hasn't come out in days." Lori told them, running a hand through her hair in distress.

"And she won't talk to any of us but Glenn." She added, looking over at Rick who looked to be deep in thought.

Rick already had a lot to deal with but he couldn't stop questioning if it was his fault she was like this.

"She hasn't touched her rations." Shane commented as he looked through the box that had her name on it. "Like, at all."

They all then looked to Glenn who looked to be in distress too. The girl he liked was depressed and wouldn't even come out from the room in the RV to talk to anybody, to get fresh air or even to look out of the window.

"She can't keep anything down." He revealed, frowning down at his hands.

Marie was only able to keep down some water. Anything else? She'd throw it up. She had told him after a while when he noticed she wasn't eating.

Lori snapped her head over at him, "When was the last time she ate?" 

"At the quarry... the night Amy..." His voice cracked as he cut himself off and Andrea looked away, sighing deeply. She was depressed too but Marie? Marie wasn't sure she wanted to live anymore.

"Oh my god... it's been days." Lori rubbed a hand over her mouth in shock, her eyes wide as she looked over at Rick and Shane for any advice.

Rick shifted on his legs, sighing out, "We can't force her..."

"He's right." Lori scoffed at Shane's agreement and shook her head, "She needs to eat!"

Sophia perked up as Carl frowned at the ground, "What if we give her some soup?" She asked making everyone snap their heads her way.

They had forgotten they were having this conversation around the kids. But she was right. Maybe that could help Marie.

Glenn nodded his head, "That sounds like a good idea. She will be able to at least probably keep that down..." He trailed off as Carol and a Lori rushed to look at their rations, to search for soup.

"We have a can of chicken noodle soup left!" Lori called over at them, making all of them nod in agreement.

After setting a campfire close to the cars parked in a circle to create a safe barrier from the unknown, Carol and Lori managed to heat up the soup for Marie and use whatever they had to also make a meal for the rest of them while they waited for her to wake.

After a while of waiting, Glenn made his way out of the room and called out to them from then entrance of the RV. "She ate it." A grin was plastered on his face as sounds of relief sounded throughout the small group.

Lori smiled brightly, nodding her head to herself. She was happy to know that they at least did something to avoid another death from happening for a long time.

After that Glenn stayed by Marie's side at all times, only ever leaving her side at times to help Dale navigate at the front, or scavenge places nearby for food.

But most of the time he was hovering around as the others talked about what they were going to do about Dale's RV that seemed to keep breaking down.

Not only that but they were also running low on gas, food and water making everybody question if Rick's plan was the right idea.

"You don't have to blame yourself for what happened." Carl tried to speak to the girl at times and would often tell her that what had happened weren't her fault.

And it surprised her because even though he was young, he understood what everything that had happened meant and how they effected people. She had to praise Lori and Rick for how good they had raised him.

"I know Amy meant a lot to you..." Carl trailed off, crying silently to himself because Amy had also meant a lot to him too.

She closed her eyes shut tightly, tears spilling from the corners of her eyes, sharply at the thought. "And you have every right to feel upset that she's gone." He added, playing with his fingers as she turned on her side to look at him, eyes fluttering open.

His blue eyes that were full of tears sadly searched through hers. "You helped me get through my sadness when I thought my dad was gone... I - I -just think that you don't have to go through this by yourself y'known?"

She swallowed the knot growing in her throat and nodded her head, grinning sadly at him, "I know..." She managed to get out.

He sniffled, wiping his tears away with the back of his palm and pursed his lips in thought. "I hope you feel better soon Marie."

"Thanks Carl. It means a lot." She whispered, feeling her eyelids get heavy, sleep over coming her after he raised to his feet and walked out of the room, leaving her to her own thoughts.