[ 8 ]: Stay

━━━━━━━━━━
┏━━━━ ➸➶➴ ━━━━┓
𝐒𝐀𝐋𝐕𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍
┗━━━━ ➸➶➴ ━━━━┛
━━━━━━━━━━
CHAPTER EIGHT: ' Stay '
| SEASON ONE : EPISODE THREE |
Tell It To The Frogs

━━━━━━━━━━┏━━━━ ➸➶➴ ━━━━┓ 𝐒𝐀𝐋𝐕𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍┗━━━━ ➸➶➴ ━━━━┛━━━━━━━━━━CHAPTER EIGHT: ' Stay ' | SEASON ONE : EPISODE THREE |Tell It To The Frogs

ˋ✧ ━━ •   ➳♡゛• ━━ ✧ˊ

* FIRST PERSON *

━━━━━ THE NEXT FEW HOURS Glenn and I had spent talking amongst ourselves before joining the others who were eating. And surprisingly no one heard nor knew what we had done which was refreshing.

I was sitting in front Glenn leaning back against his chest, ironically while we all swapped war stories.

"Marie, you're next," Jim uttered over to me after Andrea and Amy finished telling everybody how they ended up here.

I lift my head as Glenn rubs my back and look around before nodding my head. I pause at first, wondering where should I start off because they already knew.

"Most of you already know I'm not from here." They nod and I continue.

"In New York it didn't take long before it was overrun. I can't remember exactly how long or how quick the virus spread but I do know that it was just quick and it was pure chaos everywhere. The Riots. The stealing. The evacuations. It was just, pure chaos..." I trail off, remembering everything that happened in detail.

"And when the military came to ' rescue us' I wasn't exactly fond of it... I didn't want to leave, I was scared and  my mom somehow knew they wouldn't be able to protect us." I trail off before clearing my voice.

"We saw everything on our way out of the city. The bombings. The killings. The dead rising. People being torn apart..." I stare into the void of the fireplace, the flames dancing around in the cold night air.

"It was terrifying, sad and I wanted to give up especially when I got here. I really wanted to. But after the military took my brother I knew... I just knew I had to change." I can feel the tears burning in my eyes. The pit in my stomach and the ache in my chest.

"And after my mother died I knew I had to do something. The military women there knew it too. They tried teaching me how to protect myself and for a while after them I did. I survived on my own for a while but it's different now. It feels different and it not the same." I tell them shaking my head.

"I don't feel the same. I'm constantly terrified. I'm always sad and I know nothing will never be the same because I'm here with all of you now."