Chapter 1

Unrequited love; When one person yearns for unconditional love from another individual who doesn't feel the same way.

" Don't worry, I have arranged cold fireworks

" Don't worry, I have arranged cold fireworks. It will be delivered in ten minutes to you... Place them around the dancing floor. Sure, I will come half an hour before the engagement to check the decorations," I mutter to the event manager while I was taking out the jewellery which I will wear to Haniya's engagement.
As I finish my talk with the event manager, I could hear noises from the hall, where Luv and Khush are talking. They are discussing the business project that they had to postpone to attend the wedding. Then they started to speak about Edward and Charles who have invested large amounts of money in their business after Edward proposed to Haniya. But they don't know the truth that Edward didn't propose to Haniya but rather ordered her.
After the war, Edward announced his and Haniya's wedding. Which was a shock to Haniya that she refused immediately but Edward reminded her that wasn't a choice. That was one of the moments I wanted to fight for Haniya but as usual, she obeyed him and doesn't like it if we interfere.
" They are mates, Asha. They will work it out," I was startled as I heard my wolf, Astra.
She only speaks to me when it's necessary otherwise she gives me the silent treatment. I thought at the beginning, she will understand my situation but I was wrong. She wants her mate no matter what. The mate who I have loved since I was a child but he broke my heart. I can't forgive him just because he is my mate and on top of that, he never apologised to me.
" Asha, you should get ready by now. We have to leave the house early because of the traffic we will face," Papa shouted loudly from his bedroom which affect my sensitive ears.
" Okay," I shouted back so he could hear.
As I was applying my makeup, I received a voicemail from Roshini,
" Asha, did you receive the emails the council is sending us? They are giving us potential members who are humans. We have to transform them into werewolves before joining them in the pack,"
I couldn't check my emails since I was busy arranging Haniya's engagement and managing my work. I groan as I heard Roshini's voicemail.
We have told the council we don't mind having moonlighters as our members. But they ignore us as their main focus is on repopulating sunshinners. The only person they will obey without objecting is Disha.
Disha is living like a soulless person after the war. Nobody knows how she survived as she was marked and the death of Ace could have killed her. But she survived proving she is the strongest werewolf among the sunshinners. After all, she is the WolfQueen of sunshinner.
I was speechless when I found out what happen on the battlefield. After Disha and Ace stabbed each other, Ace was dead but Disha drained the water out of plants and trees and turned them into ice. That ice surrounded her and Ace building a wall that separated them from others.
Whenever I or anyone tried to question Disha when we were in America. She releases an aura of dominance that makes us whimper and submit. She has changed after the war and nothing affects her. We thought she will be fine and move on but it's been one month since we arrived in India and she is still the same.
Our parents quickly notice Disha's differences after our arrival and started to interrogate us, especially Haniya and Yasmin. We stood still with our fake story that Disha is heartbroken by the guy she was seeing. Dadi ( Grandma) told us that Disha will be fine after she is wed to a nice Punjabi man. Thankfully, Disha's dad, Mohid Chacha refused and said,
" Disha will be marrying the guy she wants and when she is ready,"
The topic of Disha quickly changed after Edward arrive in India to talk about his marriage with Haniya.
The first few days after our arrival was filled with family drama. Dadi's pressure increased during those days. She was worrying about Disha's changed behaviour, Haniya getting married before Disha who is older than her and lastly, Haniya marrying none other than a Canadian and not an Indian. While everyone was fine with Haniya's marriage.
Meher Chachi suggested having the wedding in Delhi in our Dada's house. Maybe the atmosphere will help to improve her condition. So after the third week, since we arrived, we moved to live in our Dada's house until Haniya's wedding.
After I was ready, I went to Papa's room to find him using the phone. He notices my presence as he lifts his head to see me.
" Asha, you look pretty," He immediately complimented me to which I respond proudly,
" I am pretty, Papa"
Making Papa chuckle as he takes his car keys and then we left the house.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know the chapter is small. But it is just the beginning, it will get interesting as you read further.
Are you excited to read the story from Asha's pov?
Have you read my story, Fortune ( prequel to star)? if not that it's okay but I recommend it to you to it.
There is a spin-off book, star-crossed lover. Do read it and it doesn't have anything to do with this story, star.