Chapter 16

[ Serenade] (n); A piece of music sung or played in the open air, typically by a man at night under the window of his beloved.

The chattering sounds of people talking from every corner made it difficult for me to concentrate.
Shutting the noises was hard for me so I passed the icing spatula to Disha. It was effortless for her to ice the cake as her hand were steady the whole time. I wonder how did she stay focused with the loud noises from the background.
" How can you stay focused with this much noise?" I asked making her pause to answer.
" When I cook or bake, I just get lost into it that nothing else bothers me,"
" It's difficult for me to concentrate... I should have done it before the guests arrived," I said leaning on the counter as Disha continue her work.
Then my phone rang and it was Gita.
" Hello, Asha," She spoke with nervousness.
" Hello Gita, how are you doing? Does your mother take her medicines on time now?" I question kindly.
" Yes, she is taking her medicine on time and she asks about you almost every day," She replied with an eased tone.
" Asha, I already owe you thirty thousand and I am working on...," I interrupted her muttering
" You don't need to pay me back, Gita,"
" Asha, I can't accept charity. I am not broke that will accept any money without any hard work," She muttered while I could also hear the rhythmic tapping sound of her fingers.
" When did I make you feel that I was doing charity?" I asked and Disha looked interested in the conversation once she finished icing the cake.
" You never made me feel that way. Asha, you are one of the people who will make anyone comfortable with your kind and caring nature," Gita immediately clarified.
"Then why did you think I was doing charity?" The rhythmic tapping sound stopped at my question and it took Gita a while to answer.
" Nina told me... She came to meet me and confronted me about you. Before leaving she told me that I am only a charity case for you, "
I shut my eyes in anger and took a deep breath as it helps me to compose myself.
" You were never a charity case, Gita. What did she ask?" I questioned as I walked towards the kitchen door frame to look for my sister.
" She wanted to know how I came to know you or what did we talk... She forcibly took my phone and looked at our chatbox. Which made her... She laughed cruelly which shook my core, Asha" Gita end up sobbing, in the end, making my heart break with her sadness.
" Gita, don't cry... Did Nina hurt you?" My question made Disha have an unbelievable expression but I ignore her.
" No... She just broke my phone with her bare hand," Gita stammers to her answer and the rhythmic tapping starts.
" I am sorry for her behaviour, Gita. I will pay for....," Gita interrupted me,
" No! I don't need your money and I will repay you as soon as I get a job,"
" Gita, you don't have to pay me a penny," I protested.
" I do and I will not advantage of your generosity, bye," Then Gita cut the call without letting me talk.
" Why did you think Nina could hurt her?" Disha questions in a protective tone.
" She is aggressive and you know it," I muttered as I kept my phone harshly on the counter.
" That's when she fights otherwise she isn't...," I interrupted Disha saying,
" Nina has always been aggressive. Just because she is quiet that doesn't make her fragile,"
" Why do you have so much anger towards her after coming to India?" Disha looks at me from head to toe with shock.
" After coming here, I spy on Nina and that's when I realised that because everyone protected her so much that turn her into an entitled person," I answered and took a glass of water.
" What's the scene with Gita?" Disha asked once I finish drinking.
" When we were in America, I got a call from Gita. She used to work for Nina and then Nina fired her for a stupid reason. That she made sure Gita doesn't get employed anywhere else... Do you remember the fight when Nina tied my hands and slapped me," Disha nodded as she remembers the fight.
" Before the fight, I told her to stop bothering Gita and threatened her saying I will tell Amma. After that, we got busy that I forgot to talk to Nina about it," I muttered.
" Did Nina tell you about her view?" Disha asked.
" I tried to ask but she just shut me off," I answered and when she was about to speak, we heard Dadi's voice.
" Guru Ji, welcome to my home, "
Disha and I immediately went out to find Guru Ji standing in front of Dadi with his employee and a Sikh who was wearing a turban.
" This is Saraj Batta," Guru Ji introduced the Sikh to Dadi whose smile widen more with joy.
" Mate," I turn my head as I heard the whisper from Disha who was still in shock.
" Disha, come here," Dadi called out breaking Disha's stillness. Disha walked towards them slower than she usually does.
" This is the Saraj with whom I fixed your marriage," Dadi wraps her arm around Disha and informed her making Disha's aura more miserable than before.
" If you don't mind Dadi, I would like to speak privately with Disha," Saraj spoke kindly with a smile that brought uneasiness to me.
" He is a fox," Astra announced making me notice his smell of fire which was similar to the kitsune councilmen I met. 
" Of course, Disha take him outside to talk," Dadi gently push Disha towards Saraj.
" Is he the guy?" Yasmin asked controlling her giggles as she walk next to me.
" Yes and he is a kitsune," Yasmin cover her mouth with her hand after hearing me.
" Wow," she whispered looking at Disha.
Then a sudden burst of bulb diverted our attention.
" Is it brothers' doing?" Yasmin whispered while Dadi shouts in shock and demand an answer from people nearby the bulb.
" No, I gave them the ring to control their power," I whispered to them and then I smell him.
Rohan was standing behind me by the time I turn around.
" Hey," I greeted him but he looked at me with a smile.
" We are getting married," He announced happily.
" What?" Yasmin and I blurted out.
" I spoke to our parents and they are happy with our match. After Haniya's wedding, we will be deciding ours," Astra was howling non-stop hearing Rohan.
" I have to say yes to the marriage," My statement wiped Rohan's smile and he looked at me with a serious face.
" Don't you love me?" He asked.
" Why are you asking this question?"
" Because that will determine our marriage. I love you so I asked for your hand in marriage," The air in my lungs vanished upon hearing Rohan's words and my heart started to beat fast.
" Do you love me?" He asked again desperately I nodded with truth making him smile.
Suddenly, Rohan got startled and started to look everywhere.
" Is everything okay?" I asked worriedly.
" Yeah, Luv call me through...you know. Khush and he are going to confront Charles and wanted me as backup," Rohan answer as he spot my brothers who were standing a bit far from Charles, Edward and King Victor.
The three of them walked up to the three royal moonlighter werewolves.
" This party keeps on getting interesting," Yasmin said with excitement making me look at her in seriously look. Now I am getting why she and Nina get along, they are almost the same person.
" Congratulations bride-to-be," Haniya, Roshini and Nina chanted as they came in front of me blocking the view of my brothers.
" Move, " I casually moved them to eavesdrop on the six werewolves' conversation.
" What kind of gossip happening here?" Roshini asked making it hard for me to hear the men's conversion then Yasmin told them.
" So, Charles why are you faking your interest in my sister?" Luv asked.
" What made you think that I am faking?" Charles surrenders his hand in mockery as he question.
" As a man, I know you are pretending to like Nina. Tell me why and maybe the outcome won't be bad," Khush warns as he smiles wickedly similar to Nina.
" What kind of outcome you are warning us about?" King Victor asked protectively.
" First of all, we will break every connection that we have with you all. Then we will make you pay," Luv spoke.
" You two will reject my sisters," Charles snarled showing almost his anger.
" Not just that, we can break this marriage," Khush muttered making Edward growl lowly which is noiseless for a human's ear.
" You wouldn't dare," Edward growled again.
" Try us," Luv challenged.
" So Charles tell us the truth," Luv ordered looking at Charles with a victory look.
" Nina's humanity is hanging by the tread. If she goes feral that will be dangerous," Charles answers making my brothers frown which mirrored mine.
" I don't see why it's your problem to handle," Rohan spoke crossing his arms and making his muscle more prominent.
" Nina is powerful and if she goes feral then she will be a ticking bomb. That can destroy the world," King Victor spoke which wasn't an answer.
" Nina is our sister and we will take care of her... Moreover, she will never be a danger to anyone," Khush muttered.
" Okay, take care of her and if she does lose her humanity. We have to put her down," Edward growled making Nina sounds like an animal.
" What do you mean by 'put her down'?" Luv questions in bitterness.
" Killing her," Charles replied making my blood boil to the point that I wanted them to shut their mouth and make them feel intense pain.
That's when the three moon-lighter werewolves hold their throats and their whole body go pink. I could feel their pain, they couldn't breathe. Haniya grabbed my arm harshly and ordered,
" You are using your power, Asha. Stop it," 
" What?" I whispered and then the three werewolves coughed.
" I didn't realise I was using my power," I admitted as I rub my face with one hand.
" You were furious that's why you didn't realise it," Haniya muttered as she rubs my arm.
" I didn't mean to hold you harshly. Sorry," Haniya apologise then we had a side hug.
" I like the sound of me being dangerous," Nina muttered.
" That's never going to happen," Roshini mumbled which was agreed by Yasmin and Haniya while I fake my smile.
" Asha, why did you use your blood control power?" Disha whisperingly asked once she joined us.
" Wait a minute, you have to tell us about Saraj. He is your second mate," Yasmin demands making the other three surprise
" He is the Kitsune King of South Asia," Disha announced.
" Oh my god! We are getting three back-to-back weddings," Haniya exclaim with excitement along with distress and anger.
" Three?" Disha looked at every one of us in confusion.
" Rohan asked my hand for marriage," I explained making Disha smile widely.
" Congratulations," Disha spoke with so much joy which was the first time after the death of Ace.
" Asha," Queen Babara calls my name when she, Elizabeth and Charlotte come up to us.
" Why did you use your power on my mate? Attacking the King is a sign of war," Queen Babara spoke calmly yet her aura wasn't anywhere near that.
Disha stepped in front of Queen Babara and me with a stoic expression.
" You have no right to threaten my Beta. If you have any problems then talk to me and I will handle it," Disha muttered releasing her aura that was equally powerful as Queen Babara.
" Then ask her why she attacked the King, Beta and the Gamma, Queen Disha?" Barbara spoke formally just like the first time we met.
" They told my brothers that will kill Nina if she goes feral. I end up using power unintendedly," I answered.
" Queen Barbara, I will appreciate it if the royal moonlighters focus on handling your own matters like finding out the traitors then focusing on my pack," Disha said.
" Queen Disha, we were helping you all. Because if a royal loses humanity then that's dangerous for everyone. It's a code to kill the feral regardless of its status. But looks like you don't need our help then we won't interfere in the matter until you ask us personally," Queen Babara spoke maintaining eye contact with Nina at the beginning then shifting it to Disha.
" Thank you for understanding my point," Disha said and continue to speak,
" I hope now that neither royals nor other councils will hide information from me,"
" The King and I never hide any information from you, Queen Disha," Queen Babara spoke with confidence.
" Alpha Jayden and his mate," Disha's words didn't affect Queen Babara's expression or aura.
" What about them?" She asked with interest.
" The American and Ireland councils receive a royal mail ordering them not to provide any information to the Indian Council or Queen of Sunshinner. Because of this, we don't have any information about Alpha Jayden and his mate. That gave them an upper hand which help them to kidnap Luv, Khush and Rohan," Disha explained while Roshini and I couldn't help but be surprised by the information.
" I give you my word, King and I will look into this matter. We want to have a peaceful and friendly relationship with you, Queen Disha, " Disha nodded at Queen Babara's words which had sincerity.
King Victor, Edward and Charles joined us and the first two men stand next to their mates.
" Queen Disha, I promise you that I will not withhold any information or let anyone else do it," King Victor spoke which meant they heard our conversation that's like I did.
" Thank you, King Victor," Disha said.
" I will not go with you anywhere, Edward," All of us looked at Haniya whose face was red with anger.
" Haniya, come with me, " Disha dragged Haniya towards the garden followed by Edward. 
Accidentally, I made eye contact with Edward's stepfather who was talking to Papa. I gave him a polite smile which made him smile back. But it wasn't polite and I couldn't figure which type of smile was it.
" Charles," Nina smiles wickedly at Charles who smirks back.
" Nina," He said back.
" You should be focusing on your mate who will be sold on her eighteen birthday," Nina's words made Charles snarl.
" What do you mean by that?" He asked growling lowly as an instinct, I stood next to my sister and soon my brothers joined.
" She is a human with sunshinner genes and is drop-dead gorgeous that grabs the attention of the local goon. So he made the deal with her incapable father that on her eighteen birthday, she will be sold to him," Nina explained making my stomach clench in disgust with that father.
" What's her name? Give me every kind of information you have on her," Charles ordered.
Nina looked at Roshini who was feeling regret. That's when I realise, Nina must have read the document Guru Ji gave. I didn't have time so I send it to Roshini, she agreed to look into the families who had sun shinners genes.
" That's classified information, Charles," Roshini said and look at me and Disha.
" By tomorrow, you will get all the information on your mate, Charles," I spoke with assurance.
" How do you know that girl is his mate?" Luv asked Nina who shrugged her shoulder casually and said,
" I had a vision,"
" What was it?" Charles asked.
" You really expect me to tell you that," Nina chuckled at Charles.
" Nina, " I yelled lowly at her but she walked away giggling making Charles and me fueling with anger.