Chapter 14

[ Abience] (n.); The strong urge to avoid someone or something.

Haniya and I were greeted by Charlotte, Elizabeth and Queen Barbara. They have been waiting for me to discuss the sangeet ceremony and are interested in a dance-off.
" It will be so much fun," Anaya squealed.
" We were planning to play a game during the sangeet," Amara spoke and looked at the Anaya, Hoor, Sarab, Ram and Amir.
" What is it?" Her Mom, Meher Chachi asked smiling yet her aura was showing annoyance.
" Treasure hunt but with a twist. After a dance, a clue will be announced about where the treasure is hidden and three minutes is given to find it. If no one found it then another dance will happen and during that time, the treasure's location will be changed," Amara explained with a nervous hand rubbing her arm and smiled weakly in the end.
" I love it... I am always fond of mystery since I was a child," Queen Barbara said with a smile.
" Asha, come here," Amma called me from the kitchen, she went to make coffee for the guests.
" Yes, Amma," I spoke as I enter the kitchen.
" Are you feeling good? You look dull," Amma asked and press her palm on my head to check my temperature.
" I work too hard today," Amma hummed at my response.
" So why did you almost yell at Nina today?" I asked while turning the stove gas on.
" I was stressed out when I asked about you. She didn't give a proper answer so I got angry... When will she come?" Amma spoke as she took out the coffee powder, sugar and milk.
" I don't know," I answered.
" I will make the chocolate pudding she loves so check if every ingredient is here or we have to buy," Amma never fails to surprise me to show her affection towards Nina.
" Are you making her favourite dessert because you almost shouted at her? You never did that with me, Luv and Khush," I muttered trying my best not to roll my eyes.
" Nina is different from you three. None of you three ever take my words to the heart since childhood. But Nina is sensitive and she may take my words in other meanings," Amma explained as she was making coffee.
" She isn't a child anymore, Amma. I don't think she took your words seriously now," I mumbled as I pour snacks into the bowl.
" She never liked showing her emotions since she was a child. You and Luv have to put effort to understand her," Amma looked at me as she said.
" She is in her mid-twenties, Amma, yet she behaves like a baby," I pointed out.
" She has a child's heart but your Papa said, Nina is mature and great at handling her work though," I nodded at Amma's words because it was a fact.
" As her sister, you should get along with each other," Amma continue to speak on sister bond while my mood was getting sour by the second.
" Are you listening to me?" She asked.
" Amma, you are giving the same lecture to me as you always do. I have memorised it in my heart now. Not a single day has gone without I haven't heard or discussed the topic, Nina in my life," I end up spilling my emotions without a thought which upset Amma.
" Because she is your sister, Asha. The two of you will always be in each other's life. Just like Luv, Khush, your Papa or I will be in your life," Amma shouted lowly so no one outside the kitchen can hear her but the werewolves will.
" I didn't mean that way... You have to let her out of your shelter...," Amma interrupt me by saying,
" I did that night. And not a single day went by I haven't regretted my decision. You won't ever understand how hard it is to be a mother until you become one,"
Then she left the kitchen while I stood for a minute composing myself so I won't cry. Today was a really overwhelming day, I almost lost my brothers and mate and could have gone into a coma.
" Asha," Elizabeth called my name as she entered the kitchen.
" Yeah," I turn to face her,
" I need a charger," She mumbled as she showed the blank screen on her phone.
" It's in my room, come," I then lead the way upstairs.
" Is everything okay because Haniya's and your aura aren't happy but depressing today?" Elizabeth asked as we reach upstairs.
I told her everything that happened today and by the end, we both were crying.
" Asha, did you get any update since you got home?" I shook my head at her question.
" Okay, just keep your custodes secret from the councils and us, the royals. Custodes are being in shadow for a reason for many decades," Elizabeth advised so I nod my head.
" Elizabeth, there is a possibility that royals are involved in the attack and are helping Alpha Jayden," I said.
" There are royals who wanted to eliminate the sunshinners when they heard sunshinners are back. Fortunately, Haniya who is biologically Queen's sister happened to mate with Edward, the royal Beta, which quiet the people down," Elizabeth shared shocking me.
" So, for them, this marriage is a political peace treaty between two races," I summarised my understanding from Elizabeth's words.
" For the public then yes but for Edward, he loves Haniya and was ready to declare battle against the people who objected, " Elizabeth muttered.
" Didn't people object when you and Charlotte recognise my brothers as mates?" I asked in concern for my brothers.
" Being mated with the royals helps to strengthen our power and politically it's the best thing that happened as it will not create chaos or rebels to raise within the court. But Charlotte and I have always waited for our mates since we received our wolves and we love them no matter what," Elizabeth held my hand when she explains what she and Charlotte feels for my brothers.
" I have to go and see my mate," Elizabeth announced when I nodded in understanding.
" Best of luck with that, the older ladies won't leave you all until they serve dinner," I spoke.
" Throughout history, Asian hospitality never changed," Elizabeth commented as we went downstairs to join the conversation with fake smiles.
No matter how many excuses the three royal werewolves said, they couldn't convince Indian ladies and ended up having dinner with us.
" I have been calling Luv and Khush so many times they didnt answer...," Amma interrupted Papa asking,
" They never did that before. Have you called any of their friends they are hanging out with?"
" Nina answered my call from Kush's phone, they are together at a party which she dragged them. Now neither of them wants to leave and the boys were busy dancing with the girls," Papa said.
" They should look after Nina rather than dance while forgetting their surrounding. It isn't safe for girls at parties till this day," Amma spoke in Tamil to Papa who nodded.
" I wanted to talk to Khush because he never leaves his eye away from Nina at parties. Now he is busy dancing and forgetting about his sister which isn't right," Papa muttered in Punjabi as his Tamil isn't fluent enough to translate his thoughts.
" Bhai, the boys will be looking after Nina but also having fun at the same time," Mir Chacha said.
After a while, the bell rang. Mir Chacha send Amir to check, it was Edward, Charles and King Victor. Then they were forced to have dinner with us except for Charles who loved the aroma of the dinner so he agreed immediately.
Even after the dinner, the guests were compelled to have desserts and drinks before they were let to leave.
" I hope you all like the food we made," Meher Chachi said as the guest was leaving.
" We loved it, I don't think when was the last time I ever ate this much food," Charlotte said.
" Absolutely, I will always say yes to your meals," Charles agreed with Charlotte.
" Charles, in the future you will be eating a lot of South Indian meals than Punjabi," Charles smiled and nodded at Papa while the rest of us were confused.
After the guest left, I announced as I walked towards the kitchen,
" I will make tea for everyone,"
As I am famished to have tea as it helps to reduce my stress.
" Why did you say to Charles that he will eat a lot of South Indian meals in the future?" Dadi asked Papa.
" Nina and Charles get along with each other really well. Indirectly, Charles told me that he likes Nina. So after Asha is wedded off then I will wed Nina away as well," Papa answers.
" You don't need to wed me off for Nina to get wedded," I shouted from the kitchen still in disbelief Charles liked Nina. He is a charming man who knows how to play with words but I never felt they two liked each other.
" That doesn't work, the older sister has to get wedded before the younger. The reason Haniya is getting married first is that Disha is already engaged," Dadi's statement immediately caused Haniya and me to scream,
" What?" While the rest of the family was confused and shocked even Mohid Chachi and Seher Chachi.
" Ma, what did you do?" Seher Chachi asked.
" I did the work that you and Mohid couldn't do. I fixed her marriage with a guy, Guru Ji suggested. You will meet the family tomorrow as I invite them to a party," Dadi spoke confidently while my mouth was open.
Haniya walked into the kitchen and I turn to look at her. I knew right away there is something she wanted to talk about,
" What happened now?" I asked dreadfully.
" Brothers will come tonight and they have already shifted... It's not wise for them to see our family right away as they are stressed out," Haniya replied.
" I will spell them to sleep," I muttered and chanted the spell then blow into the tea.
" Ma, as a father it's my duty to find a suitor for Disha," Mohid Chacha spoke loudly.
" And how can you give guarantee this family is suitable for Disha?" Mohid Chacha questions.
" Guru Ji says so," Dadi retorted as it was a simple question.
" Why would Guru Ji do that?" Haniya asked me.
" What if he found Disha's mate?" I guessed out.
" What will she do then? She is still in love with Ace," Haniya muttered.
" I know, it's haven't been a year yet another mate will really be too much for her," I said.
" My headaches from all these things, I want to drink tea now," Haniya then started to make a separate tea for herself.
" Do you want one?" She asked.
" Yeah," I answered and shared the information Elizabeth told me with Haniya,
" By the way, Elizabeth told me when our transformation news broke out, there were royals who wanted to kill us. They stopped because you were Edward's mate which somewhat gave these people a political reason. Later, Charlotte and Elizabeth reveal their mates which made this scenario that royals are being mated together so power is strengthened which I didn't understand yet I pretend,"
" Wow," Haniya commented.
" So we are in a war from the beginning then. First, it was Ace and now Jayden... He is getting support from royals who will not stop until they win," Haniya said.
" That's what I was scared of, those royals know this thing way better than we do," She confessed by keeping her hands on the counter.
" And we don't know who are royals that want us dead," She states
" We will be the winners in the end," I expressed confidently.
" But how? " She asked desperately.
" We got each other and powers that no one possesses if Yasmin and Nina learn to use their seer power then we will be unstoppable," I said.
" Disha can see the past events so that can also help," She spoke with enthusiasm.
" Than your time control, " I said.
" I tried to use that power but I fail every time. And those three randomly get vision too," She spoke with a realisation look.
" But with practice nothing is impossible," I said to encourage her which made her smile.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~