Chapter 8

[ Custodian] (n.); a person who has responsibility for taking care of or protecting something.

Through Dadi, I was able to get to know where Guru Ji lives. I expected him to live in a simple small house but in reality, Guru Ji lives in a mansion.
Seeing the mansion shows how well he had earned from predicting which isn't surprising as the majority of Indian believe in myths and superstition.
The gates of the mansion open as I drive inside the property. I could see the beautiful fountain and huge garden filled with various colourful plants.
I parked in front of the mansion and soon a man in a white kurta stopped in front of me.
" Guru Ji has been waiting for you since morning, Asha ma'am," The man spoke looking at the floor while I felt a cold water splash on me. Astra became alert as soon as she heard him.
Then the man lead me through the mansion which had shining marbles floor, decorated with paintings and photos.
The man in front of a door spoke,
" Guru Ji is inside,"
" Thank you," I said as I went inside the room where Guru Ji is looking out the window. I quickly looked around the room which didn't have any furniture.
" I am glad to finally meet you, Asha" Guru Ji said as he turn around. I swallowed my gasp when I saw Guru Ji's white eyes. I didn't know he was blind nor remember when Dadi mention this fact.
" How do you know I was coming here?" I asked casually making Guru Ji smile.
" I can see the unseen which revealed to me that you were coming," He answered.
" How can you... Were you blessed since birth?" I change my question as I felt it was offensive.
" I asked for insight into the world so I could protect and accomplish the goals my ancestors did. And in return, I sacrifice my sight," Guru Ji replied as he swing his arms towards the empty wall.
" To see that, you have to look through your wolf's eyes," Guru Ji muttered shocking me to my core.
" What's written on the walls is the answer to all your questions," Guru Ji claimed, I looked at the wall through Astra's eyes and was surprised to see paintings and works written on it.
I walked towards the wall which had a painting of wolves piled as a mountain.
" Everyone thought Naag Raj Arush killed all the custodes along with the sunshinners. But in reality, some of the custodes sacrifice themselves to Naag Raj so others could live and protect sunshinners. Through centuries, people with sunshinner genes were found and killed by snakes in India until the Indian council was formed. Now, a few families have the sunshinners gene," Guru Ji recited behind me and the word 'custodes' brought up a memory of mine during American.
I learn about werewolf history when pagans sacrificed two humans to the sun god and moon goddess. They came back alive as werewolves and then were later taught and trained in their new forms. The werewolves left the pagans but only a few pagans went with them as their custodes meaning guardians.
" My ancestors vowed to protect and be loyal to your bloodline. We won't betray you after all we are your protectors," Guru Ji spoke in a convincing tone.
" It's too hard to believe that you and your ancestors protected people with sunshinner genes throughout centuries when you could have a normal. After all, the sunshinners were extinct until almost a year," I turned around to look at Guru Ji.
" It was predicted Sunhinners will go extinct and will come back. But at that time no one knew which race will go extinct until Naag Raj declared war. Since then, my ancestors have devoted their lives and waited for Sunshinner WolfQueen to raise. We never directly interfere with the people having sunshinner genes as the snakes are monitoring them as well," Guru Ji answered which brought up a few more questions.
" Are naag and naagins still after werewolves?" I question as I folded my arms crossed my chest.
" Only after Sunshinner Werewolves," Guru Ji replied and walked toward another wall while I followed him.
" Arise a fight cause by love,
Extinction of one kind.
They will rise again,
Concluding what they started.
A fortune to have them,
A star to have them,
Destiny fated with them,
Seek the future with them,
Aspiration around them,
Light up the darkness around them,"
I recited the prophecy that was written on the wall.
" The snakes are threatened by our existence. They believe the war will happen and they might extinct," I spoke my opinion making Guru Ji hum.
" How many families with sunshinner genes are there?" I asked.
" Including yours and Royal Gamma Roshini, the total is five," Guru Ji answered.
" You are updated with the latest news," I muttered making Guru Ji chuckle.
" I have sources who keep me updated... as we have been hiding," Guru said as he tilted his head.
" You know, you or your people won't be kept hidden after what you told me," Guru Ji wave his hands in dismissing manner at my words.
" Custodes are meant to be hidden and the Royal Moonlighter werewolves are keeping their custodes in secret as they know what happens when custodes are revealed," Guru Ji explained.
" Why did you tell Dadi about the prediction that if I don't marry soon, Nina or I will kill each other?" I asked the second most wanted question I had since yesterday.
" I told what I saw. The sooner you be with your mate the better for everyone. Rohan and you are meant to be, you have to let go of the rope that is pulling you away from Rohan," Guru Ji's answer made my face twist in confusion.
" How do you know Rohan is my mate?" I asked the first wanted question.
" I got to know through my source from Royal Moonlighter Palace," Guru Ji answered and clapped which caused a woman to come inside the room and bring snacks and tea.
" Let's eat and talk, " Guru Ji muttered as he sat on the ground. This made it difficult for me to refuse so I sat and had the tea.
" Do I know other families with sunshinners genes and what are their names?" I question.
" No, they are living a normal human life but with time you will meet them. I predicted their future, some will shift when the time is right... One family lives in poverty and works on daily wage work. The second family have a history of serving in the army and is surrounded by snakes. Royal Gamma knows this family as her father's enemy. The third family... the woman with sunshinner genes was mated with moon lighter werewolf. She gave birth to a human son who I think is a sunshinner," Guru Ji answered.
" Tell me their names, " I ordered.
" I don't think it's the right time to know them," Guru Ji tried to object but I stood my ground.
" Guru Ji, you are saying these because you learn this through seeing prediction. I think the moment you see the prediction, it's a sign to act rather than wait... Tell me the names and gave background information on these families," I muttered.
" I can give information only on two families as I said the third person was mated with moon lighter werewolf so it's been difficult to gain information on her," Guru Ji took a sip from his cup and then continued to speak.
" One family who has financial difficulties lives in Goa. They are Catholic Christians who go to church every Sunday. The family surname is Branco and the family consist of one male and four female. The second family are the Malhotras...," I interrupt Guru Ji unintentionally as soon as I heard Malhotars.
" Wait, you mean the Malhotars, Rishi Malhotra who is a retired army man and does weaponry business with the government,"
" Yes, this family line was physically strong men which grab the attention of a human government worker who convinces the man, Rishab Malhotra to enlist in the army. Ever since then, the descendants have been in the military, politics, and business. The more they succeed, the more snakes surrounded them pretending to be friends and when the times come they will bite," Guru Ji spoke as he was having a snack.
" Why is it so hard to get information on the third one? Like you have a strong source that tells information from Royal Palace," I asked getting tried with the interrogation as the information I am getting is overwhelming for me right now.
" The woman's name was Sita and her mate is Alpha Rohit. The werewolves pack in India are secretive given the fact the country's majority is snake shifters," Guru Ji answer as he was going to take chocolate cake while I kept my cup down. Then accidentally our hands touched which send a wave of current through my body.
" You are tired... It happens as I touch people I could feel their emotions," Guru Ji quickly explain.
" Is there any way you could read the minds?" I asked in astonishment.
" There is a way but I have restricted myself as too much knowledge can be dangerous for ourselves," Guru Ji spoke.
" Since you are overwhelmed with information that made you exhausted. We could meet some other time, here is my card which has my personal number and a few other numbers in case of emergency," Guru Ji handed me a white card.
" Next time we meet, Queen Disha will be present," I spoke as I stood up.
" I will be meeting her at a party happening at the weekend as your Dadi invited me. I never came before as it wasn't the right time," Guru Ji muttered.
Then Guru Ji escorts me outside and before I open the car door. Guru Ji spoke,
" I will send a document containing information on those families and their photos,"
" That will be great, thank you," I muttered as I was about to sit inside the car, I asked Guru Ji my last question.
" What did you see that made you think I or Nina could kill each other?"
" Seeing the future is tricky as the events change regularly when we take a decision. Sharing the detail of my vision can be destructive for your future. I am sorry, I won't answer your question," Guru Ji explained a similar thing like Yasmin and Nina had said.
" Oh, please call me, Abraham. That's my real name," I was shocked when Guru Ji told me his name.
" So you aren't Sikh... Dadi told me that you are a devoted Sikh," Guru Ji chuckled hearing me.
" For centuries, my ancestors disguise themselves in order to protect the sunshinner line," Guru Ji muttered before I drove out of the mansion.

While I was stuck in traffic, thinking about my conversation with Guru Ji. Throughout the conversation, I knew Guru Ji or Abraham was sincere and that's why I was honest with my reactions. The more I think about the conversation, the more I am convinced that Abraham is a trustworthy person. Then I narrated the experience with Abraham on the voicemail of the group chat. As I may not get the time to share with Disha at home as the house is filled with people.
Soon I got a message from the group chat. It was Nina who send a Gif of a shocked expression. Nina loves to send Gifs and half of the messages are filled with gifs.
Then Roshini send a message questioning, I was talking about the same Malhotra which I confirmed. I don't know the history behind Roshini's family with Malhotra but I always knew they had some connection before.
I was busy messaging that I didn't notice the traffic in front of me cleared up until vehicles behind me started to scream. I quickly drive away.