Chapter 23

[ Opia] (n.); Ambiguous intensity of looking someone in the eye, which can feel simultaneously invasive and vulnerable.

Last night, I stay at Guru Ji's house along with Disha who told her parents, Mohid Chacha and Seher Chachi that we will be living in a hotel for a night.

They allowed her because they know if I am at the house with Nina. Another fight will happen and that could be nastier than before.

" When you woke up?" Disha asked in a sleeping tone.

" I didn't sleep," I answered back looking at the ceiling.

" Don't think about Haniya's words about the future which we prevented," She advised avoiding the possible death of Amma. The thought made me shiver in fear.

" I'm not thinking about that but Amma and Papa's reaction to me when I come home," I confessed remembering their face.

" The look they gave... It was the first time, Disha. The disappointment and anger, I can't handle it," My voices thicken thinking as I talked.

" It's my fault for telling Nina, she is a sociopath knowing well Amma and Papa would have never told her that... She used that against me last night pretending to be in the episode, " I continue to talk while Disha listens to me quietly because it could be the first time I am sharing my feeling with her.

" She committed suicide twice after arguments with me. That did cause my relationship with Amma and Papa to change," I started to cry thinking about those memories where I felt immense guilt.

" That was when I pointed out that Amma and Papa gave their most attention to Nina. Being more gentle with her, listening to her and understanding her better. Even though the situation included me then they could have used a different approach," I ended up sobbing loud as I wasn't able to talk while Disha comforted me with a hug and patted me.

" She always has their attention, Disha. I craved it as a child but now I understood why she had it a lot. Which is understandable but Nina hasn't grown from it. Her personality is still childish and full of herself and which Amma and Papa denied to see," I spoke up again looking at Disha.

" Did you ever notice that?" I asked her

" To be honest, Mom and Dad behave the same way with Hoor. They are super chill with her in a situation that I would have been scolded at. It's just last-child privilege, Asha," She answered.

" I was a child as well. She and I have only one year difference yet we were treated with a different approach," I whined.

" Amma and Papa are good parents but Nina always had them around her fingers," I said.